Author Topic: MusicBee adding file outside of scanned folders  (Read 2617 times)

Exiled

There is this one file that I keep removing but it keeps popping back up in the inbox. The file is not within the monitored folders.

I am wondering if a file is dragged to the MusicBee library if it adds that file to be monitored all the time or something? I am unsure why it would come back after I keep deleting it. I could just delete the file but I would rather fix this issue as MusicBee has been acting up for me lately.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would be helpful to know the location of the file, which folders are monitored, and if you have any other folders included in your Scan Folders for New Files settings.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Exiled

The path for the Monitored Folders is the same path as Scan for New Files:
F:\Dropbox\Muzik

I did notice that like what, happened a while ago, it had added another folder to the Monitored Folders without my doing. There are no music files in that folder, it is only used as a backup. Removing this did not stop the song from reappearing.
F:\Dropbox\MusicBee

The path of the file it keeps adding is:
C:\Users\Zak\Desktop\Tag Testing\Copy From - C

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Huh.  I'm stumped on this one, sorry.  I hope Steven or someone else has an idea.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
you can be sure the folders checked are the folders you specified
its probably because you include playlists and one or more of the playlists have the extra files
Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:10:12 AM by Steven