Author Topic: Bringing some date/year fields together in one location?  (Read 2390 times)

hiccup

This is a thought that has been in my mind for a long time, but I'm aware it probably has too many complications and will be prone to too much objections. But still I thought to release it and get it out of my head.

As we know the concept of 'Date' or 'Year' is quite a mess in the Land of Tagging. There is hardly any agreement or logic in what 'released', 'original year', 'recorded' etc. exactly states, and how it should be used.
Most of us trying to use the date possibilities more extensive and 'correct', will have a hard struggle finding workable schemes or mappings.
Thankfully this is all very doable with MusicBee with using custom and virtual tags and/or mappings if you put some thought and effort in it.

My idea is mainly to get some date fields showing together, with the possibility to map and name them from one place.
Even if it is only to get the sense you have some more control over it ;-)
Fiddling around with PhotoShop it could look something like this:

It could then be configurable what date/year information, and what naming one wants to use for Year 1, 2 and 3, and from there give easier access to mapping and tagging fields used.