Author Topic: Export information to clipboard with templates (an equivalent to foo_texttools)  (Read 4385 times)

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+
I've been transitioning to MusicBee from foobar over the last couple of days (and I'm loving it so far!)
I might have missed a plugin resembling this but I'm looking for something similar to what foo_texttools does for foobar.
What it does in the words of others (copied from the HA wiki): "Adds customizable context menu commands for copying information about the selected tracks to Windows Clipboard."

I thought I'd be able to do this with  "Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools" but I don't think I can.

phred

• Global Moderator
Is this what you're looking for?
EDIT \ PREFERENCES \ TAGS (2) \ 'send to Clipboard' tags:
You can create your template there.  Then highlight the tracks you want to copy info from and right-click.  Select SEND TO and then CLIPBOARD.  The only downside to this is that MB can only keep track of one template at a time.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+
The only downside to this is that MB can only keep track of one template at a time.
This is the main issue for me, I often use different templates and I sometimes need to add a header or a footer to the track lists I generate.

phred

• Global Moderator
In that case I suggest you put a request on the Wishlist topic.  Steven is pretty responsive, but there's no guarantee he'll add this.  It depends on a number of factors including difficulty to implement and how many users are requesting it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here