Author Topic: v2.4- Queue Duration - Time Remaining No Longer available?  (Read 5585 times)

Juular

Upgraded to the new 2.4 build, and I was wondering if there was a way to enable the time remaining function when clicking the queue duration? Used to be, when it was in the Now Playing List, you'd just click the duration, and it would change from the total amount of time in the queue to the time remaining. That no longer seems to be available. :/

Steven

• Administrator
the playlist duration now shows in the status bar. I have put back the functionality so you can click on the duration in the status bar and it will show the time remaining in the status bar.
I will post an updated v2.4 later today

phred

• Global Moderator
Steven-

The time remaining in the queue is not persistent between MB starts.  
-Open MB
-Select a number of songs to queue and play
-Click on 'queued' to toggle to remaining time
-Stop play
-Close MB
-Open MB
-Play queue and it is showing total time of queued tracks, not the remaining time.  Unless this is intentional, I would expect it to show 'negative' whenever MB is launched.
Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:51:48 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Pingaware

Steven-

The time remaining in the queue is not persistent. 
-Open MB
-Select a number of songs to queue and play
-Click on 'queued' to toggle to remaining time
-Stop play
-Close MB
-Open MB
-Play queue and it is showing total time of queued tracks, not the remaining time.  Unless this is intentional, I would expect it to show 'negative' whenever MB is launched.

I reported this to Steven ages ago and he said that it was because the feature was experimental due to it not handling shuffled lists well (try it and see!). If nothing's changed in regards to the feature, that's probably the reason why.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

phred

• Global Moderator
Ahhh --- I'll have to see what happens with a shuffled queue.  Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i've only re-instated the old functionality which as noted doesnt work properly for shuffling and is not persisted on restart.
I guess i can revisit this for the next version if people find this function useful

Pingaware

I guess I can revisit this for the next version if people find this function useful.

I'd certainly be very interested in this if you can manage it. Do you want a Wishlist topic made for it?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Juular

i've only re-instated the old functionality which as noted doesnt work properly for shuffling and is not persisted on restart.
I guess i can revisit this for the next version if people find this function useful

It's literally my favorite functionality and most wanted in music players. If a music player doesn't have it, I won't use it :P