Author Topic: Faster Search  (Read 5038 times)

ceoux

Putting this here because I'm not entirely sure if this feature is already in place.

I ask for the ability to quickly change search types without having to enter a custom search. Meaning I'd like to be able to switch from "match all" to "match any of the following criteria" perhaps by using search operators.

So if I'd like to make a quick playlist of everything Chromeo and Tiga have done, I'd just search "Chromeo and Tiga," or "Chromeo + Tiga" and this would return all results with either tag in them.

Analien

I'm really sorry for bringin' up such an old thread, but this is a really great idea. This could be a nice adding to the search-function. To be able to search for several, say artists, or songs or whatever. Immediately when I read the post I thought of searching Nile + Behemoth (two of my favorite bands), which  -if it had worked- would have brought up all tracks by these two bands. This would be a nice way to make a fast playlist, for example. This could be useful in so many ways.

Steven

• Administrator
this is done for the next update.
The text search now supports "+" or " or "
eg. Beatles + Bowie searches for tracks with either of those values

it already supports surrounding words in quotes eg. "The Beatles" will ensure "The Beatles" is in one field, if you did it without quotes it would be considered a match if any field in a track contained "The" and possibily a different field contained "Beatles"

also it already supports a field prefix eg.
artist:Beatles will ensure only the artist field is searched

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Sweet :)
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here