Author Topic: Artist photo in playing track panel  (Read 14637 times)

RicYin

I'm new to these forums so please forgive me if this has already been requested.

I've been using Musicbee for quite a while and I absolutely love it!
I do have some ideas to improve it slightly though.

I would like to be able to show an artist photo next to the cover art in the playing track panel.
So far I've only been able to get them in an artist sorted view or in the left sidebar, but I always have that collapsed.

I've made a little mock-up of what I have in mind:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6249286/Random/artistphoto.jpg

Would this be possible?

EDIT: also maybe put an artist photo in the now playing panel next to the cover art.
Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:23:39 PM by RicYin

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

Are you on the latest beta?  See the first item in the forum - Steven just released a new pre-2.1.   The Playing Track Panel should rotate artist photos just like the Compact Player.  Also, there are artist photos available in the left sidebar. Right click anywhere in the sidebar to access it.

Edit: I see from your screen shot that you mean the Track Details panel.  See this page for how to activate the Playing Track Panel: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/MusicBee_Basics#Bottom_Panels
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

RicYin

Thanks for your quick reply, but it doesn't answer my question.

I posted to request a new feature in a future version.
I know how to show the playing track panel, but in no way can I get it to show both cover art and an artist photo.
Actually, I can't even make it to show an artist photo..

I'm running the latest version of MB (pre-2.1).

So to summarize, I'd like to request a feature to show both an artist photo and the album cover art in the playing track panel.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, I was about to suggest that Steven give the Artwork panel in the right sidebar the same options as the left sidebar (Album Art, Artist Photo, Artist Photo Gallery), so I will +1 for that.

I know how to show the playing track panel, but in no way can I get it to show both cover art and an artist photo.
Actually, I can't even make it to show an artist photo..

I'm still a little confused.  You seem to be talking about the right sidebar, which it's true doesn't show artist photos right now.  But here is the playing track panel, with artist photo and cover:

Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:06:48 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

RicYin

Ah, i found the problem.

If you use the playing track panel in the right sidebar it shows cover art.
If you use the playing track panel in the bottom pane it shows both. (like your screenshot)

So then I would have to specify my request a bit better ;)

I'd like to have an artist photo in the playing track panel in the right sidebar.  ;D

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Good, glad that helped clear things up.

And I'll repeat my +1 for the same options in right sidebar Artwork panel (not Details) as in left sidebar.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)