Author Topic: LyricsReloaded  (Read 241739 times)

frankz

You might as well get the "possibly dumb" questions first, haha..  Environment wise, I'm starting with MusicBee Portable (latest 3.2 patch), and no prior install of the original LyricsReloaded plugin.  I added the updated plugin via MB's Add Plugin button and all went smoothly;  in the Portable version, the log file ends up in (drive:)/MusicBee/Appdata/mb_LyricsReloaded.

1.  I read in the original version's documentation that the original ordering of the provider search list would be done automatically according to "best results" whe first installed--is that the case with the new version as well?  If not, do you have any advice as to how to order the given list?
I did not change anything as far as the ordering. I don't know how that worked or was supposed to work or if it worked.  I don't know how that would be measured and didn't see anything obvious that would indicate it was, which doesn't mean it wasn't there, just that I didn't see it because it wasn't obvious.  Possibly the author manually ordered them based on his impression of what gave the best results.  Don't know.

2.  I don't auto-tag anything, so I'm adding lyrics from the Edit/Lyrics/Search Internet button;  is this performing the same type of search I have set up in the Tags(2) prefs for the plugin?

Again, I don't know for sure.  Sorry.  I tried one and then looked at the log, and it is searching via the plugin and finding lyrics via the plugin, but they're not in the order I have them listed, so my guess is it's based on how fast they come back not how fast they're sent.  I'm thinking it just searches everything and gives you whatever it gets first.

They go in order on the lyric panel when you right-click and do a "Search Next Provider" on the playing track.  I think the lyric panel on now playing tracks is really what the plugin is intended for.

3.  I'm assuming that when lyrics are found after hitting the "Search Internet" button, they are coming from the first hit made on the ordered provider list;  does the search option "hard stop" there unless the provider from the initial hit is unchecked from the list?  I'm thinking of cases where "flaky" results turn up and you'd like to see what a different provider is offering for the same song.

?  I just added some providers and took out ones that don't work.  Your guess is as good as mine through experimentation.  

For a playing track when you search in the lyric panel, I know it does respect "Search Next Provider" and go through them in order.

On the tagging screen, MB native doesn't operate in the way you indicate and the plugin doesn't either.  The plugin extends the functionality of whatever area, it doesn't' create new functionality.

4.  For a future release, would it be possible to institute a maximum size option for the log file?

Probably.  Beyond the scope of what I was trying to do, but I'm sure it can be done.
Thanks frankz!  Initial impressions after an hour:  "Sweet!"  8)
Can't take much credit, but I'm glad it's doing what you want it to nonetheless.
Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:01:49 PM by frankz

sveakul

Thanks frankz your answers were so complete that I have nothing to add as far as follow-up questions (yet!).

I did switch to using the Now Playing panel's lyrics window after noticing that the option to embed the lyrics in the Playing File exist in the context menu there too, combined with the predictable search behavior of the plugin in that window just as you described.

This beats the heck out of "googling" ---sometimes, a little automation is a good thing  ;D

Please do keep us informed here when you make any new updates or changes to the plugin.  Thanks for your work on it!

sveakul

I ran into this site recently checking on where another app's script was getting its lyrics:

https://github.com/febuiles/makeitpersonal

1.  Does anyone else know more about this service, good or bad?
2.  Would it be worthwhile suggesting as an additional search option for frankz's new mod of LyricsReloaded?

I tried inserting a few rather obscure artist/title entries into the URL in the "Lyrics Fetching Service" section, and was surprised to see them found and returned as a text-only page.

luucasalves

Updated the code above to fix some punctuation marks in title.
Figured there was little interest since no one responded, so I just continued using it myself here.

One small change since above, I removed Metrolyrics since it didn't handle songs that don't have lyrics on that site very elegantly.

If you're interested, here it is:
https://mega.nz/#!QZlAWR6Z!PxMlZ3C7I1YBjekhteKf8R_2j9PPgWfr0KMQ--JJ6iw

Here are the VirusTotal results for the file:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/408bc01c787cc0a4005a3b77288ac2b93c0a55b16ee82035124e1442e9ab348b/details

(you can, of course, download the file and then upload it to VirusTotal.com yourself to verify)

Personally, I'd rename my current mb_LyricsReloaded.dll to something else and keep it for a while rather than overwrite it outright with this one.   It's working flawlessly here on my system with my MB version, but I can't speak to every MB version on every system.

Make sure MB is completely closed and put this new mb_LyricsReloaded.dll wherever your current mb_LyricsReloaded.dll file currently resides.  I believe the two places on desktop type installs are

/%ProgramFiles%/MusicBee/Plugins
-or-
/%APPDATA%/Roaming/MusicBee/Plugins

(not %APPDATA%/Roaming/MusicBee/mb_LyricsReloaded/.  That's where the log file is.)

Don't know anything about the Windows Store version, so you're on your own there.  It shouldn't be different than replacing any other plugin.

Make sure you only have one copy referenced in MB.  The only problem I ever had with it was when I first put my version in the program files plugin folder while the original was in the roaming plugin folder.  MB complained about the log being in use already and crashed.  If you get this error, it likely means you already have the plugin running from somewhere else.

Consider the above version experimental and act accordingly.

i get it from every song, how i can fix it?

frankz

My version of the plugin will filter out everything in Genius lyrics between 1 and 75 characters between a set of [], so that result is not coming from my version of the plugin.  You're either using an old version or, if not, you've got an old Genius yml still selected as a source rather than the one built into the newest version of the plugin.

Maybe @redwing can concoct some regex to deal with the <!--sse--> tag showing up and I'll incorporate it.  I can brute force it out of there by removing it specifically but I have a feeling he could provide something more artful that could deal with more contingencies for different tags.

redwing

I think I'm done with this plugin. I will remove all my posts in this thread not to confuse people.
If you have any questions or requests, talk to frankz.

frankz

Well, that's unfortunate.

Thanks, though, for your contributions to the thread, which were integral to the long-overdue update of the core plug-in.  They were pretty much the inspiration that got me thinking about doing it.

luucasalves

My version of the plugin will filter out everything in Genius lyrics between 1 and 75 characters between a set of [], so that result is not coming from my version of the plugin.  You're either using an old version or, if not, you've got an old Genius yml still selected as a source rather than the one built into the newest version of the plugin.

Maybe @redwing can concoct some regex to deal with the <!--sse--> tag showing up and I'll incorporate it.  I can brute force it out of there by removing it specifically but I have a feeling he could provide something more artful that could deal with more contingencies for different tags.
thanks, i fix it uncheck "rapgenius" i got "rapgenius" and "genius" to select...
fix now i guess

luucasalves

I think I'm done with this plugin. I will remove all my posts in this thread not to confuse people.
If you have any questions or requests, talk to frankz.
why? we love u

phred

• Global Moderator
My version of the plugin will filter out everything in Genius lyrics between 1 and 75 characters between a set of []
THIS!!! Well worth the wait for the update. Thanks frankz for updating this very useful plugin.

Can you tell me (us) what providers are now included in the dll? I'd like to clean up my old providers directory and get rid of the yml files that are no longer needed. I've already deleted genius.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

THIS!!! Well worth the wait for the update. Thanks frankz for updating this very useful plugin.

Can you tell me (us) what providers are now included in the dll? I'd like to clean up my old providers directory and get rid of the yml files that are no longer needed. I've already deleted genius.

Thanks.
Most of the heavy lifting was done by OP and redwing.  I just kind of glued everything back together.

Here are the current providers:

A-Z Lyrics Universe
Cušpajz
Genius
Letras de músicas
LyricWiki Gracenote
LyricWiki
(I asked above if these are now part of MB proper.  If so, there's no need for them to be here and I can get rid of them)
Musixmatch_Asian
Musixmatch
Oldies Lyrics
Rap Genius
(Is this the same as Genius? If so, it can go, too.)
Smriti
Song Lyrics
Teksty
Urban Lyrics
Hindi Lyrics

If anyone is interested in more (too much?) detail about what's new, what's out, and what else changed, you can see my posts here and here.

phred

• Global Moderator
Good info. Thanks.

Is there any difference between your A-Z Lyrics Universe and the azlyrics.com YML in the providers sub-directory?

The only thing left in my providers sub-directory is metrolyrics.com. Any plans to incorporate it into the dll? I can provide the YML if needed. With that done, I can delete the entire sub-directory.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

Good info. Thanks.

Is there any difference between your A-Z Lyrics Universe and the azlyrics.com YML in the providers sub-directory?
Here's the full code that's in the DLL.  I don't know what's in the providers sub-directory but you can compare.

Code
name: A-Z Lyrics Universe

variables:
    artist:
        type: artist
        filters:
        - lowercase
        - strip_nonascii
    title:
        type: title
        filters: artist

headers:
    User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0' # Firefox 30 Win x64 user agent

config:
    url: "http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/{artist}/{title}.html"
    pattern: ['<!-- start of lyrics -->(?<lyrics>.+?)<!-- end of lyrics -->', s]

post-filters:
- strip_html
- trim
- utf8_encode

The only thing left in my providers sub-directory is metrolyrics.com. Any plans to incorporate it into the dll? I can provide the YML if needed. With that done, I can delete the entire sub-directory.
I added metrolyrics from the thread but I wound up taking it back out for the release because it gave a lot of garbage data (coding and "Oops we don't seem to have lyrics for that" or something similar) when there were not lyrics there for a song. If I can figure out how to get around that I'll put it back in, but it seemed too buggy for a "cleaned up" version of the plugin.

phred

• Global Moderator
I added metrolyrics from the thread but I wound up taking it back out for the release because it gave a lot of garbage data (coding and "Oops we don't seem to have lyrics for that" or something similar) when there were not lyrics there for a song. If I can figure out how to get around that I'll put it back in, but it seemed too buggy for a "cleaned up" version of the plugin.
Great. It's now gone from my providers sub-directory.

As for A-Z Lyrics vs A-Z Lyrics Universe - the xml appears to be the same, so that's now gone and my sub-directory is now empty.

Again, than's for cleaning up the plugin.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

luucasalves

Thanks.
Most of the heavy lifting was done by OP and redwing.  I just kind of glued everything back together.

Here are the current providers:

A-Z Lyrics Universe
Cušpajz
Genius
Letras de músicas
LyricWiki Gracenote
LyricWiki
(I asked above if these are now part of MB proper.  If so, there's no need for them to be here and I can get rid of them)
Musixmatch_Asian
Musixmatch
Oldies Lyrics
Rap Genius
(Is this the same as Genius? If so, it can go, too.)
Smriti
Song Lyrics
Teksty
Urban Lyrics
Hindi Lyrics

If anyone is interested in more (too much?) detail about what's new, what's out, and what else changed, you can see my posts here and here.
the website genius start with RAPGENIUS for only hip hop lyrics...after this, they created genius.com with all type of songs

u can delete rapgenius