Author Topic: Support of multiple libraries at same time  (Read 6344 times)

blackknight

Is it possible to use multiple libraries at same time. for eg., Music library points to all the music, audiobooks library points to audiobooks.  ??? ???

Xyzzy

blackknight

At present we can maintain multiple libraries, but we can use only a single library at a time. So, I was thinking if we can use multiple libraries at same time, instead of selecting diff. libraries for diff usage,one at a time

Xyzzy

But now you have all music under Music, all audiobooks under Audiobooks. There is no need for a separate library for that.

vivadavid

I think D.I. is talking about a library with the music from his computer and another library with the music from a particular external hard disk. I suppose he would like to see all his albums displayed on the same screen, so that he can play a particular song regardless its location. As far as I can remember, Steven or somebody else said that it wasn't possible and that a change in the behaviour of MB wasn't planned.

Xyzzy

I think D.I. is talking about a library with the music from his computer and another library with the music from a particular external hard disk. I suppose he would like to see all his albums displayed on the same screen, so that he can play a particular song regardless its location. As far as I can remember, Steven or somebody else said that it wasn't possible and that a change in the behaviour of MB wasn't planned.

I am sure that this is possible now. MB does not differentiate regarding file location. The request must be something else.

Steven

• Administrator
a library can contain files from multiple drives/ locations - the only restriction is only one drive can be auto-organised.
If you want to see files from all the libraries together then i wont change MB to do that. Its been discussed before if you do a forum search.
My suggestion would be to have one library and to make use of library filters

blackknight

I just wanted that all my audiobooks should appear under audiobooks and not under music section in library. It was a simple drag&drop from music to audiobooks. sorted out..  ;D  ;)

p-mob

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Why dont You use filters?
 ???

Because Audiobooks is already available as a library node?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

blackknight

Yes, Audiobooks is available as a node, so no need for filters..