Author Topic: Random Skin  (Read 8775 times)

Iasc

the idea is this..................
have a sub-folder in the program files /skins folder called random. have an option in view/skins to tick a box (random skin). place the skins of your choice  in the  folder and a skin is randomly selected when starting or restarting music bee.

VX

+1
But maybe it would be easier to include all skins by default  ???

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Wow,
+1
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

9cupsoftea

+1

This is a bit of a crazy idea, but thinking about it, it would be quite nice.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
But maybe it would be easier to include all skins by default  ???

more I think about this, the more I like this idea
+1
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

mikebo

Would you guys seriously use it? Wouldn't you get annoyed with it after a while?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Would you guys seriously use it? Wouldn't you get annoyed with it after a while?

I regularly (usually once a week) change the skin I'm using.  I see how other skinners have done things and store ideas away for the next time I make a skin.  I also update .xmls if I see an included skin that's not 100% right with some of the 2.1 changes.  So, I'm probably in the minority in how skins are used.

If it was implemented as an option to just randomly select a skin from what you have available, not change every time MB is restarted, I don't think I would get tired or annoyed with it.

Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:57:10 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Iasc

i would definitely use it. but i wouldn't want to uses it with every skin i have which is why i suggested a random folder. i would select skins that complement each other and place them in the folder and every now and then change the skins to randomly pick from.

joejoe

+1. Great idea, but i agree with VX that it should use all skins by default.

Zak

• Global Moderator
have a sub-folder in the program files /skins folder called random. have an option in view/skins to tick a box (random skin). place the skins of your choice  in the  folder and a skin is randomly selected when starting or restarting music bee.
I'd never use this, so I'm not not suggesting yay or nay that it gets implemented.

But I don't see why you would need to have a separate folder containing skins to choose from. You could just have an option to select which skins you want to randomly select from.

It could possibly be made as a plugin, depending on when plugins are loaded during the startup sequence.
Bee excellent to each other...

Iasc

i still really hope this feature is implemented but on reflection since i made the original post i think Bee-lievers suggestion is the best way to go. i don't  know how much work it would be to implement but i think it would be a good addition.

[/quote]

If it was implemented as an option to just randomly select a skin from what you have available, not change every time MB is restarted, I don't think I would get tired or annoyed with it.

[/quote]

Steven

• Administrator
i guess this request is quite popular so i will include it in a future update

beeing good

This is great.
However, to expand on it a bit it would be good if you could know which skin has been picked. Also would be good if you could just turn the option off if you find one you like (suppose this could be sacrificed if you know which skin has been chosen).