Author Topic: Two-way sync  (Read 6250 times)

ddiehl

Be nice if you delete a song from the phone it will remove the song from the library upon the next sync..

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
This isn't something most people would want but as long as it was clear what was going to happen I don't see an issue with this being implemented. Surprised that there isn't a way actually.
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

redwing

Let's say you're missing some tracks you deleted from your phone the other day, but MB deletes those tracks from library too as soon as you connect your phone to PC. This could happen. Auto-deletion of tracks from library is already too dangerous a feature, and if that's combined with auto-syncing, it would do more harm than good whatever confirmation is set up.

You can achieve this by setting up some auto-playlists (one for all tracks in your device, the other with all tracks in library and a rule of "playlist is not the former one") and manually deleting all tracks in the second playlist occasionally.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I agree with redwing about auto-delete features.  I do wish MB would import tag changes from the device to the library.  I listen more through my phone than my computer, and sometimes I notice a track with a problem and wish I could make a note on it.  If MB could do that, you could easily mark tracks for deletion.

On the other hand, if I understand how MB does syncing, that kind of feature would make it a lot more complicated.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ddiehl

Let's say you're missing some tracks you deleted from your phone the other day, but MB deletes those tracks from library too as soon as you connect your phone to PC. This could happen. Auto-deletion of tracks from library is already too dangerous a feature, and if that's combined with auto-syncing, it would do more harm than good whatever confirmation is set up.

You can achieve this by setting up some auto-playlists (one for all tracks in your device, the other with all tracks in library and a rule of "playlist is not the former one") and manually deleting all tracks in the second playlist occasionally.

This actually seems like a preferable method. Would you mind walking me through the creation of these playlists? I tried messing with it and couldn't seem to get it to work..

redwing

Would you mind walking me through the creation of these playlists? I tried messing with it and couldn't seem to get it to work..

I didn't test it myself, but in theory it should work.

1. Create an auto-playlist named "All in Phone" by setting music track source with the device  (tick "folders" and click on ... button to select the device folder). Use the rule of "Any field is" (blank). Confirm the auto-playlist includes all tracks in your phone.

2. Create an auto-playlist named "Deleted from Phone" by setting music track source with "library" with the rule of "Playlist is not <All in Phone>". This should list tracks existing in your library but not in your phone.

Let me know if this works.

ddiehl

Nothing a dialog box couldn't take care of-  "These files will be deleted from your library" with the ability to tick a box next to each one..

I'm also bumping this as I just downloaded some tracks to my device via Emusic, and wish it could sync those back to my library..