Author Topic: Device sync improvements/request  (Read 2657 times)

MeeMeeMee

I'm posting this in the bug reports because it doesn't meet my (otherwise utterly positive) expectations, but one could just as well consider this post a feature request/wishlist. Please move this thread there if you disagree.

1. <Disc#> isn't on the pull-down list of fields. Just <Disc-Track#>. You can still use <Disc#> by manually writing it. Probably an oversight. Might be worth to go over the list and, possibly, find other missing fields (the list seemed to me a bit short).

2. I don't save tags to music files. I changed some tags of files (just in the DB) - when those files were copied (I didn't use conversion in the sync options), the copied files had the original tags not the DB tags. Now everything worked as discussed here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9057.0.
Still, the experience is a bit weird: The file/folder mask was taken from the MusicBee DB, but that tags embedded to the files were the original tags.
Again, as discussed in the thread above, I performed a manual sync to those files. Since I copied the files to a location outside the library (portable device), I had to navigate to the folders (plural!) and manually sync the folders one-by-one.
Is there a better way to do it? I can't find any.
Can anyone make a suggestions?

3. It's impossible to edit Device's preferences when a device isn't connected. This means that if I'd like to copy settings from one device to another they both need to be connected to the PC. Or if I have a bright idea for a folder mask, I first need to physically head over to bag, dig my PMP out of it and hook it up to the PC.
That's a bit unfortunate.

4. Minor grievance: Even when editing a relatively short folder mask, it's a bit unwieldy to edit it in the somewhat small visible room.
(I'm using: MyDocuments\Music\<Album Artist>\[<Year>] <Album>\$IsNull(<Disc#>,,<Disc#>)\<Track#> - <Title>)

5. Kindly consider adding an option to copy additional files to the destination, other than album art, such as:
Such as *.txt files (lyrics, album review), *.log file (in my case, the EAC log), *.cue (the .cue file generated by EAC).
At least in my case: I use a portable device to move music files between machines (home/work/family).
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
3. It's impossible to edit Device's preferences when a device isn't connected. This means that if I'd like to copy settings from one device to another they both need to be connected to the PC. Or if I have a bright idea for a folder mask, I first need to physically head over to bag, dig my PMP out of it and hook it up to the PC.

+1, would like to be able to edit these settings when the device is offline and save/copy settings between devices
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)