Author Topic: refinement for <Album Complete?>  (Read 12428 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Thanks for granting my wish Steven  :)

In keeping with what I said previously:

A big kiss  :-*  or my eternal gratitude
(your choice) for anybody that can sort it out  ;)

I guess it's time to pay up  ;)

So Steven, what's your choice?
(my money's on the eternal gratitude  ;D  )
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

I have a few >10-disc albums. Though I have all the tracks, the field displays "?" for all those albums. I checked all the tags several times, but could not find anything wrong.

Tag manager's "inconsistent album tags" lists them, but only for inconsistent "year" tag for some of them (BTW this year consistency check is pointless for most compilation albums).

The only thing I suspect is whether disc count checking works properly for numbers greater than 9. If I sort tracks by disc count field, it doesn't work properly. Other than this, I have no clue why those albums don't get "Y".

redwing

I did a simple test, and yes, it was a disc count bug for numbers greater than 9.

redwing

MB 2.1.4881

Thanks for fixing the bug! Now <Album Complete?> field works like a charm!

MeeMeeMee

I missed the entire discussion, and I'm a bit unclear regarding how this is used (and I'm not sure I have any use for it).
I'd like, however, to tell you a bit about how I often use the Disc# field. Some would consider it a bit unorthodox but it works well for me. I hope it doesn't break anything you're doing/suggesting here.

Often I don't use numbers in that field, but use a more meaningful name. A few example:
Tom Waits' "Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards" is a 3-cd album. I set disc# to Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards, not 1,2 and 3.

I have all sorts of special releases that include the original album plus some live/EP/demos bonus disc. using disc# 1 and 2 seems considerably less informative in these cases, and I use things like "album" and "bonus" instead.

This works extremely well with the file organize/rename feature.
I hope using non-numerals doesn't break this feature.
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/