Author Topic: Letter Dividers for album cover view  (Read 3864 times)

oliverh72

This would make viewing your library in album cover view much easier, imo. I like that you can quick-jump with the button, but just the option to separate the images by the starting letter would be nice.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of requesting is to have the option to remove the taskbar button when minimized to tray/miniplayer.

Fantastic program! Thank you so much!

Oliver

Steven

• Administrator
Other than that, the only thing I can think of requesting is to have the option to remove the taskbar button when minimized to tray/miniplayer.
in the first preferences page, if you choose minimise to notification tray it should get rid of the taskbar button when minimised

edit:
i know its not what you are asking for, but the latest 1.2 beta in the downloads topic provides a preference to have a jump-bar displayed if you use that sort of thing a lot
Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:38:11 PM by Steven

oliverh72

I'll try it out, thanks! I gather this is a bar along the top with the letters?

oliverh72

Heh. It looks like I already had the beta and was searching for ages to find it. Yep, the button works well, but I'd like to see it have an option to be viewed as a thin #, A-Z toolbar that stretches the width of the library window, just under Album Artist and Album Name.

While I'm asking for buttons and whatnot.. Could you add a selector to sort by Genre there as well? That'd be awesome. :) And I'd also love to see buttons in the toolbar by the track browser/searchbox to choose your library view - Album, Album + info, Details.

Is it possible to make CTRL-double clicking (or shift) an album/selection have that be Queued Last (like Ctrl-Enter)? Perhaps this could be customized like the double-click options are?

I'd like to see the drop-down list in the quick-filter show all possible items (or perhaps a scrollable list of 10?) as opposed to a scrollable list of three.

Maybe this is just me, but I'd like to see the currently playing song in Now playing always centered in the list and highlighted, either bold or in with a blue background.

The tooltip for the track list that appears in album art view when you hover over the artist/album name - could that appear when you hover over the album art itself as well?

If possible, I'd still like to request the option to break up the library into sections by letter. I'm thinking just a thin line with some white space above and below, with the letter clearly displayed. I think MediaMonkey has a similar layout. It would be nice if pressing that letter quickjumped to that section. It would just make scrolling/browsing through a large collection a little easier. I don't like the track browser much as I find there's just too much clicking around. I use the Quick Finder... but mostly I just scroll around until I find what I feel like. :P

Hey! Where's your donate button!! Some people could use one of those too (like me). :D Thanks for an awesome program. I'm really liking it. This comes from someone who's paid for Media Center 12, MediaMonkey, MP3 Toys. I've tried them all and this is simply fantastic. Each of the others had things that bugged me - MP3Toys didn't rip CDs or transfer to my mp3 player. Media Monkey's thumbnails took ages to show up and it just was constantly buggy. It relied on MonkeyRok for things like lyrics or internet connectivity. Media Center 12 was just too complicated for it's own good- it took me ages to configure it to my liking. MB is a wonderful balance between simple and complex.. and just works. I love it.
Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 03:21:36 AM by oliverh72

Steven

• Administrator
Heh. It looks like I already had the beta and was searching for ages to find it. Yep, the button works well, but I'd like to see it have an option to be viewed as a thin #, A-Z toolbar that stretches the width of the library window, just under Album Artist and Album Name.
in Edit/Preferences/Layout/main panel you can set the A-Z as a toolbar across the panel or do you mean something else? Its the latest beta in the forum in case you looked on the downloads page
Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:24:02 AM by Steven

oliverh72

Umm whoops. I was sure I had tried that at work and didn't see it. I found it now. Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

One thing I noticed disappeared - the option to reduce the quality of the thumbnails slightly in return for slightly better performance. Is that in a different spot now?
Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:15:56 PM by oliverh72