Author Topic: refinement for <Album Complete?>  (Read 12722 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
To re-state what I said here
This almost works for my set-up
I use Disc# in grouping to define an Album as it helps with auto-tagging as most data bases (eg. MusicBrainz) split multi-disc albums into separate entries.
If I'm missing one track from one disc in a 3 disc set, this marks two discs Y and one disc N, not marking the entire album as N.
Could you please put an option under Sorting/Grouping to ignore Disc# in grouping to calculate <Album Track Count>, that way it will report the entire Album as incomplete when tracks are only missing from 1 disc.

and can the checking also look to see if consecutive disc numbers exist for Disc Count per specific Album please?

that way if your missing a complete disc out of a set, it won't mark the rest as complete.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is somewhat tangential, but could we have a way to define "album" differently for Audiobooks than for Music?  What I'm doing is displaying in Album and Tracks view [<Album Track Count>/<Track Count>] for each album.  The Album Complete? tag doesn't make any difference for that purpose, but I can live with using Disc # and getting the count for each disc.  The only trouble is that this clutters up Album and Tracks view in Audiobooks, where each book might have 6-12 discs.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I have added in some logic to detect when disc numbers skipped
@scampbll, i'm not sure i understand what you are saying but i have changed it so AudioBooks is included in the Album summary tags which it wasnt before.
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Steven, what I mean is that including Disc# in defining an album is okay for Music, where I only have a few albums with more than 1 disc, but in Audiobooks it creates a ton of entries for each "book" because they have a lot more CDs.
Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:19:16 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I found that none of the issues were addressed yet:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9578.msg57035#msg57035
the primary purpose of the album complete? display tag is compare the number of tracks against the track count for all the album discs - putting in extra consistency checks that dont interfere with comparing actual track counts versus tagged track counts only slows down the function.

there is a Tag Manager "Files to Edit" filter for inconsistent album tags - however it quite possibly doesnt validate some of the examples, and any enhancements would be made there.

Steven

• Administrator
Steven, what I mean is that including Disc# in defining an album is okay for Music, where I don't think I only have a few albums with more than 1 disc, but in Audiobooks it creates a ton of entries for each "book" because they have a lot more CDs.
i'm still not understanding what you are saying has to do with the Album Complete function. I dont want to spend any more time on this function and i suspect what you are saying isnt too important by the sounds of it

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It's not related to the Album Complete field at all, it's related to using Disc# in defining an album (as you originally suggested, which gives the result I want in displaying Album Track Count).  Don't worry about it, I guess.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

I found that none of the issues were addressed yet:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9578.msg57035#msg57035
the primary purpose of the album complete? display tag is compare the number of tracks against the track count for all the album discs - putting in extra consistency checks that dont interfere with comparing actual track counts versus tagged track counts only slows down the function.

there is a Tag Manager "Files to Edit" filter for inconsistent album tags - however it quite possibly doesnt validate some of the examples, and any enhancements would be made there.

I understand what you meant. But one thing has to be handled by this field. That is when some discs are entirely missing from a multi-disc album. You said it is able to detect when disc numbers skipped, but I found, at least, it can't detect when Disc #1 tracks are entirely missing. Tag Manager does not detect that incomplete album either since nothing's wrong with the tagging.

Bee-liever

I have added in some logic to detect when disc numbers skipped

That doesn't appear to be working.
Even with Disc# removed from gouping, I have an album tagged showing that it is Disc#1 of 2, disc # 2 is not in library, 'Album Complete?' still reports Y for complete album.

I also was looking for this option:

it would be disabled if Disc# was not used in Grouping, but would become selectable if used

It would basically allow for 2 groupings
1 for display of multi-disc albums as separate discs
1 for calculating the total track count of multi-disc albums as complete sets

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

MB 2.1.4876

Again, no tracks for Disc #2, but still gets Y from album complete test.

Bee-liever

@ redwing

that's strange? using same version and I'm now getting unknown (?) for that situation and when only missing a few tracks from 1 disc in multi-disc set.

It didn't show when I first applied the patch, but I edited a couple of albums, restarted MB, and 'Album Complete?' status changed.
Maybe it takes a while to do the calculations?

redwing

Yeah, looks like Steven fixed the issue with the new patch of the same version. Thanks!