Author Topic: Simplify handling duplicates  (Read 3121 times)

kgurr66

Hello!
Managing duplicates in MusicBee is on the one hand a very useful tool... on the other hand in some situations it is very inconvenient...
e.g. If I want to find out the duplicates of two Albums... and why ever, the tracks I like to keep are shown as duplicate -> in each row I have to change the files... if there are 20 duplicates I have to do 40 actions to make it, like I want it...

Ideas:
* If there are only 1 duplicate and 1 "keep file"... showing in such rows on the left a button like "Swap" -> one click to this button switches the two files!
* Semiautomatic file switch between sides "keep file" and "duplicates":
  - New Option within the Duplicates Manager "Semiautomatic file switch on"
  - If a file is put from the duplicates side to the keep file side, automatically the file from the keep file side moves to the other side
* New Option within the Duplicates Manager "Keep file with higher quality"
  - With this option MusicBee would put the file with the better quality on the "keep file" side...
* Sometimes it is clear: Files out of this album I like to keep, tracks out of this album are duplicates... up to now a function to make a setting on an album level "keep file" / "duplicates" is missing.
   I could imagine a function like this: Two new entries in "send to": "manage files as keep file" and "manage files as duplicates" -> thus albums and files can be put in a "check duplicate container" and with starting the Duplicates Manager these files are compared and put on the right side according the preset from the "send to"

With functions like described, It would be really much more easy and quick to manage the duplicates!

kgurr

1011001ALEX

I would appreciate the ability to highlight more than one track at a time.
Right now this tool prefers to keep .m4a files over .flac and changing an album takes twice as many clicks as there are tracks.

Thank you to everyone working on MusicBee! I love how extensive it is.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Right now this tool prefers to keep .m4a files over .flac

Are you on the latest beta?  I believe Steven fixed this issue.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

1011001ALEX

Right now this tool prefers to keep .m4a files over .flac

Are you on the latest beta?  I believe Steven fixed this issue.

YES! That definitely worked. Thank you for the tip.