Author Topic: BERSERKER Icon Set  (Read 29812 times)

duarte.framos

Hey everyone.

Not really a skin but could not figure out a more appropriate forum for these so apologies if this is in the wrong place: the moderators or Steven can move/erase it if they wish so.

Back to topic: I've been working on wallpapers for my PC lately, and I figured this could actually give some nice music bee icons.
I am currently using them through the edit>preferences>general>select icon option to change the application icon, so I decided to share them here with my fellow MusicBee fans.
There are three color variants

And here is how they look

Hope you like them, you can grab the .ico files for the variations:
Yellow     Black     White

Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:18:03 AM by duarte.framos

VX

Very nice try, duarte.framos  :) The icons look great for me.

We have few icon creators for MusicBee. As far as I can remember only two external icon sets have been created this year (i.e. Tocen Icons and different colour icon for every file type supported with MB by ferongr). Unfortunately, this excellent projects have not been distributed with MusicBee installer and seem forgotten.

Of course, users can find the sets on the forum but:
1) there is no a separate icon section so even icon creators (like You) are not sure where to post their work;
2) most users who are not active forum members don't even know they can try to find them on the forum.

As a result, some icon creators are reluctant to post their work on the forum because it is relatively hard to discover.
I wish MusicBee had similar solution for icons like the one for skins (namely: 'Find more skins' entry in the menu).
An extra option in the MusicBee preferences 'Find and Preview more icons' would be greatly appreciated  :)

IMHO it would increase the number of icon creators as well.
Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:53:11 PM by VX

duarte.framos

Thanks VX, I'm glad you like them.

Well I am not really an icon maker though; I'm more of a 3D modeler, but I do like drawing and enjoy making icons/2D graphics mostly for personal use.

I had no idea music bee had icon packs for file types, although it does make sense when you have file associations. Never thought of it since I mostly use music bee as portable app, even at home and never bothered to manually set up file associations since I always browse the internal library.

I would also like to give the new bitmap skins a try, I just noticed there is a skin maker which would help a lot, since I'm not at all good with code or XML. I never knew there was a skin maker, it should probably be more visible, may stickied to the top of the page or something.
Anyway skinning will have to wait for now, but I might give it a try soon.

Steven

• Administrator
i'll create an icons topic and move ferongr's icons there as well so its more obvious

Skoop

Could you host those files in a way that doesn't require one to sign up for a service?

cartman005

You don't have to sign up for anything. Just click on the blue Download Now button. The other download options are just sneaky ads.

Iasc

VX

cant download the icons

Same here. It seems http://www.4shared.com requires login or registration to download files from. I hate such services. Unfortunately, I don't have the files to upload by myself to another free service.

Can someone who has this icon set reupload it somewhere and share the link here ???

Steven

• Administrator

duarte.framos

Sorry guys hadn't come here in a while, I thoungh I had email notifications for this thread.
Looks like the 4Shared service changed, files used to be easily downloadable without account, but now it looks like it's not so anymore.
Dumping that crappy service, files now hosted on Google drive, original post updated, hope no more troubles downloading.
Sorry for the absence.