Author Topic: Download statistics  (Read 12560 times)

lnminente

For the sake of a better knowing what community like i'm sharing my download statistics until today. Curious people will see interest in different highlighting colors, or preference for clear o dark skins, or maybe customized player controls. Downloaded is not the same than currently using of course, but it says it took the attention of some users at its moment:

Feel free to improve this thread commenting any pattern you see or adding some more statistics (Y)

beeing good

Very interesting. I've been using the MetroColours Pink one a lot recently, I love the fact that it's dark but not black and white.

I wanted to ask you actually, is it possible to update these with narrow scroll bars at some point?

lnminente

Sorry Beeing good but i'll be pretty busy for a while :( Please ask in the skin developers thread, i'm sure someone having this knowledge fresher will help you. The sources are in its corresponding thread

EDIT: Also if you can tell me what line should i modify or add, i could send you the compiled skin in some minutes
Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 07:57:55 AM by lnminente

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not surprised that your Dusk mod is popular.  I still think it's one of the most polished skins available.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

beeing good

Don't worry lnminente, I can live it with, it's not a big deal.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
To change scroll bar margins, add or adjust these lines in a skin:

<element id="InputScrollBarMargin">2</element>
<element id="ScrollBarMargin">2</element>

A higher number will make a narrower scrollbar, lower will make it wider.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

lnminente

@Scampbll: Thanks a lot for your kind words and for pointing me to the involved lines, really apreciated :)

@Being good: Links updated, i remembered you also like track title at the center in player controls and also added it. Hope you like ;)

VX

Great idea! Thanks for sharing  :)

Is it possible to present stats for all MB skins in table form ??? Sorting the table columns would allow to find out easily which skins are most downloaded, which are recently updated etc.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
here are the download stats for my skins

this is total downloads, including updates

skins posted before October 2012 (Tundra, Twilight and Polar Bear) have higher downloads, but they were originally hosted on a server that didn't provide that information
Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:07:44 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

lnminente

mmhh i notice a high interest in the touch skins. Thanks for sharing Bee-liever (Y)

Bee-liever

mmhh i notice a high interest in the touch skins.

yeah. given the lack of comments (good, bad or indifferent) about those skins, it surprised me.

lnminente

From a question in another thread i post some updates here only for thinking:

Dummy skin, has increased its number of downloads in... TWO :/
Dusk.mod.lnminente center has 28 downloads more
MetroColours 120706 has 85 more
MetroColours.Light.Cyan 120929 has increased in 95 downloads
The other skins had very low increase: 2-5

Edit:
The thread for Dusk.mod.lnminente didn't have any update or question since the last publishing of statistics
The thread for MetroColours was updated with another new links the same day the statistics where released, but people still downloaded the first link the saw in the thread.
I posted in the thread for MetroColours.Light.Cyan just for telling it was my most downloaded but unfinished skin so i was inviting to modding it.
Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:36:03 PM by lnminente

Bee-liever

Here's an update on current downloads

For completeness, I have included the seasonal Halloween and Xmas theater mods

The touch-screen skins are still top picks but interestingly, the Cooking Bee duo has had a surge in popularity.
Also my two "retro" skins, Bee78 and Faded, have placed in the top five.  Bee78 after an update only 5 months ago  :o