Author Topic: Modern (A Metro Mod)  (Read 33888 times)

SimonBRT

Excellent skin!

The only thing that in my opinion would make it better is to make the edges of the sidebars more prevalent (maybe a subtle grey color). They are white now and it seems like they are non existant which make it difficult to grab and move around.

Some of the text and icons would be better if they were a tad darker to improve readability.

Just my 2 cents otherwise I like this skin very much. Definitely a keeper  :)

Sorry ma_t14, must have missed this when you posted it...  i do agree about the sidebars being difficult to grab for resizing purposes.  i will experiment and see if i can change it but still keep the minimalist look...

tharpdaddy

Thanks!  To set up as in the 3rd image just right click on the player bar (anywhere near the play buttons or progress bar for example) and then 'configure layout'/'display in top pane'.

Err, my apologies -.- i meant the 4th picture.

SimonBRT

Err, my apologies -.- i meant the 4th picture.

Ha!  That is slightly more complicated... 
You need to set 'Preferences/Layout (2)/Compact Player/Use ''modern'' layout'  (this layout can then be greatly tweaked by hitting the 'configure panel' button next to this option.

Then to launch the compact player go to View/Compact player.  Or press Ctrl-Q.

tharpdaddy

adn

It's gorgeous, thank you I'm using this from now on.

edit: I would just like to know if it's possible to unlock the ability to change the position of the track progress bar, here it's locked by the theme and I don't know what to change in the source file to unlock it.
Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:15:13 AM by adn

SimonBRT

edit: I would just like to know if it's possible to unlock the ability to change the position of the track progress bar, here it's locked by the theme and I don't know what to change in the source file to unlock it.
glad you like it!  can you clarify what it is that you are trying to achieve with the progress bar?  the controls/progress bar area can still be moved by right-clicking and choosing configure layout.  or did you mean something else?

adn

glad you like it!  can you clarify what it is that you are trying to achieve with the progress bar?  the controls/progress bar area can still be moved by right-clicking and choosing configure layout.  or did you mean something else?

Yes I mean moving the progress bar for tracks like on the default theme, or the Metro Skins mod. Currently for your theme it's in the middle of the controls area, and if you try to move it to the bottom or top of the controls area in the preferences>layout menu it says the theme doesn't allow for the progress bar to be moved.

For example I'd like to know if there is a way to do this:

http://i.imgur.com/5qsBYai.png

adn

I managed to do it with a bit of photoshop and dirty resizing in the source files, this is what I meant: