Author Topic: Modern (A Metro Mod)  (Read 34261 times)

SimonBRT

Modern

Inspired by JMoss' amazing Metro skins I have created my own variant.  Credit for this skin must go to JMoss, he has made MusicBee look better than I thought it could.

I was originally just going to post this in the Metro skin thread, however I actually ended up making quite a large number of changes to the original skin so am creating a new thread.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?twtp412shmvf3fb

Sources: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ykti0z4tjoe9e8

Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:37:11 PM by SimonBRT

derausgewanderte

very cool. I love it.
quick question. How do I get the tabs into the menu bar as you show in the third image.
Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:36:28 AM by derausgewanderte

Iasc

beeing good

I prefer dark skins at the moment but this is a very nice and clean skin, I really like it. Thanks a lot for sharing!

SimonBRT

Thanks for the kind words guys!

@derausgewanderte: to get the tabs as in the 3rd image open 'Preferences/Layout(1)/Main Panel/Tabs Orientation: Horizontal (Caption Bar)'.  To put the player bar at the top of the screen just right-click on it and then 'Configure Layout/Display in Top Pane'.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Looks good.
Very nice reworking/modding of Metro  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

derausgewanderte

Thanks for the kind words guys!

@derausgewanderte: to get the tabs as in the 3rd image open 'Preferences/Layout(1)/Main Panel/Tabs Orientation: Horizontal (Caption Bar)'.  To put the player bar at the top of the screen just right-click on it and then 'Configure Layout/Display in Top Pane'.
thank you. got the player bar at top already. Not sure how I missed the caption bar position of tabs. Looks really great now and it's a keeper for me. Thank you again for the terrific skin.
cheers

C403

Loved the skin, just not a huge fan of the yellow selection bar (as in when clicking on items). Would it be possible for you to upload the xml or provide an xmlc with a grey selection bar? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks, OC.

Havokdan

SimonBRT

Loved the skin, just not a huge fan of the yellow selection bar (as in when clicking on items). Would it be possible for you to upload the xml or provide an xmlc with a grey selection bar? I would really appreciate that.

I will upload a version with a grey selection bar as soon as I get a chance.  I did wonder whether people would share my tastes on the yellow!

SimonBRT

I love too, version blue or green?

Do you mean just the selection bar highlight or the whole skin theme?  I'm happy to change the highlights but changing the whole theme is probably more work than I will likely do.  I can upload the sources however if you want to have a go yourself...

C403

I love too, version blue or green?

Do you mean just the selection bar highlight or the whole skin theme?  I'm happy to change the highlights but changing the whole theme is probably more work than I will likely do.  I can upload the sources however if you want to have a go yourself...

Having the sources would be ideal, if you don't mind.

SimonBRT

Opening post updated with link to the sources.  Sorry for the delay, mod all you like!

C403

Here's the version with the grey selection bar:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vhp4tt16vsshwp5

Full credit goes to SimonBRT.