Author Topic: Di.FM not supported at all?  (Read 18059 times)

RejZoR

I've switched to MusicBee quite some time ago because it's such a cute little music player with the cutest icon ever. However, after tunin g back to Di.FM after a while i got disapointed that i can't play it in my favorite music player anymore. It either throws out some weird error or it simply doesn't play any music. Playlist gets listed but it never starts playing. Am i doing something wrong or is this a known problem?
I hope i won't have to switch back to Foobar or Winamp...

Steven

• Administrator
works fine for me - can you provide a link that doesnt work for you

RejZoR

http://new.di.fm/vocaltrance

But you have to be a free registered user, otherwise you can only use a webpage player. I've tried AAC, WMA and MP3 and none of them played for me. Either just didn't play at all or i got an error that i forgot to capture. Is it possible to uncheck certain components that might be required for this during installation? I've done a portable install a while ago and i don't remmeber if there were any options regarding this.

Steven

• Administrator
works fine again - in the player settings on that web site, just choose "other players"
and when you click "Tune In" it open a .pls file. With firefox i am prompted to open musicbee with that .pls file

alternatively you can save that .pls file to your local drive and copy one of the stream links - in this case:
http://scfire-ntc-aa01.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1065
and create a new radio station in the Radio panel of musicbee using that link

Steven

• Administrator
actually i see they have predefined playlists.
Just create a new Radio Station in the Radio panel and use this link:
http://listen.di.fm/public3/vocaltrance.pls

now i know about this i will add probably some support onto the station directories panel

RejZoR

Thanks, that worked. Can AAC stream also be used? I was trying to use the PLS file on the regular playlist and there it just did nothing (i was used to do that in Foobar and Winamp where it worked fine).

RejZoR

Apparently MusicBee can't play AAC streams at all. I can add links from MP3 streams (PLS files) but when i add one from AAC PLS it refuses to play it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

RejZoR

No, but i assumed AAC is supported since extension list does have "AAC" on it. That has to be fixed s that musicBee doesn't display AAC as playable format if it doesn't really support it...

Steven

• Administrator
i dont know how to find aac playlists on that web site so can you send me a link to one

RejZoR

You have to change stream type in profile settings. MusicBee is quite clumsy with the net radio playlists. In Winamp or Foobar, you just drag in or run playlist file and player automatically inserts ALL contained URL's into currently playing list and plays them. MusicBee does the same but simply won't play anything unless you strictly place the stuff manually into Radio section. Which is, like i said very clumsy and weird...

six_paths_of_pain

I also have a problem with di.fm. I can`t play any stream from di.fm. I`ve registered to  di.fm and and i have downloaded aac mentioned above. i have selected other players option and when i click play my browser downloads a pls file. when i try to open it with musicbee nothing happens. It rather gets stuck and i have to shut it down. I have that aac converter option enabled in settings. what can i do?? pls help

Steven

• Administrator
try using the 2.1 beta from the first forum topic, it should work

six_paths_of_pain

Well i just tried that thing you mentioned before and  about vocal trance channel and it worked so thank you for that.

It would be great though if you could make this program somewhat similar to clementine in the sense that you add di.fm and sky.fm so when you click on any of those stations you get all the channels and you can play any of them with a click.

Steven

• Administrator
yes i do plan to do that in the Radio node like its done for SomaFm but in the next version