Author Topic: Sync Resumption and Progress Bar  (Read 5361 times)

LucenNox

Musicbee is the only player that has all the features I need to sync a random selection of tracks to an android phone. A couple things that I'd like to see however:

A progress bar while syncing. Not anything detailed, just something to give me an estimate of how much is left.

Resume/Retry Syncing: the ability to pause syncing e.g. a certain playlist, and then resume later, instead of syncing everything, and to retry syncing songs that failed for one reason or another last time. I'm not sure if it does something similar when simply copying, but it doesn't seem to when the songs have been converted. It just asks me if I want to delete what's on the device.
As far as I can tell, Musicbee recognizes when the same device is connected, so it would probably be pretty simple to create a local database of what songs successfully synced, and cross-reference with what is on the list to be synced. The only thing with that would be a simple "reset database before sync" checkbox in case we do want to resync everything at any point, or completely change our playlists.

It'd also be a nice bonus if it could intelligently delete songs from the device based on playlist changes, but that's honestly a non-issue with me if the resume is added.

Musicbee is by far the best music player I've tried, so keep up the good work!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you using the latest patch?  http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update

MusicBee should see that files on your device have been updated and not re-sync any of them if you have to stop mid-sync and come back to it later. Steven made some changes that fixed problems I was having with this, so they may fix yours as well.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

LucenNox

No I hadn't been. Have you had any problems with this patch, since it's a beta? If not I'll install it, otherwise I'm just happy to know it's in the pipeline. I didn't have much luck in the search, so I hadn't even realized it was already being worked on.

Regardless, thank you.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No problems!  Steven's patches are generally improvements on the original.

The new compact player is still being ironed out, but that should have no effect on syncing.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tgmayfield

I'd like to second the request for a progress bar.

MeeMeeMee

+1
That would be useful, since it's a process that may take some time to complete.
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/