Author Topic: First album you ever bought?  (Read 33880 times)

9cupsoftea

For me it was Blur's Parklife when I was 10 - not too embarrassing but I never really liked blur. I think I just bought it because the singles were quite colourful and catchy. First album I ever really heard though was my sister's bootleg cassette of Prince's Parade - now THAT was a good introduction to music!

What and why were your first albums?

Maleko12

IIRC, my first album I bought was OutKast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. I bought it because I really liked the singles.

Pingaware

I'm not exactly sure what the first album I personally bought was - possibly ELO's Out of the Blue. Seems a very long time ago and so I really can't remember! However, the first album I ever owned was The Best of Desert Island Discs.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't remember the first album ever, but I remember getting my first CD player when I was twelve and ordering one of those special bundles from Columbia House, which included (I think):

Eagles - Greatest Hits
Eagles - Greatest Hits 2
Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits
Paul Simon - Negotiation & Love Songs compilation
CCR - Chronicle
The Lion King Soundtrack
Yanni - Live at the Acropolis
Enya - Watermark (my mom's request)
k.d. lang - Ingenue (also my mom's request)

...and more.  I forget if there were 10 or 12 total.  And the ones my mom wanted are among my favorites today, go figure.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I can't remember how young, but I was very young, when an elderly Uncle and Aunt gave me an eclectic mix of their pre-loved LP's, 45's and 78's.  In the mix, there was a Duke Ellington 45 and a Yogi Bear LP, both of which I still have. And a "puzzle" 78rpm that played 3 different songs. It fascinated me. Unfortunately that didn't survive the teenage years  :)
The first album I bought with my own money, was a compilation LP, 'The Essential Beatles'. I paid $1 for it at a garage sale.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Xyzzy

My first original bought record was Venom - Possessed. 1985 (or so) vinyl :)

Gary Young

Well, hard to remember. Most probably Michael Jackson's "Bad" on tape, when I was 10 or 11. But maybe it was a present from my mom :)

But one thing I remember are my first favorite songs: "His Latest Flame" by Elvis Presley and "Fire" by Bruce Springsteen - both on a mixtape of my cousin who's 5 years older than me. I must have been younger than 6 at that time.

Three years ago I started researching this 'cause I somehow that old mixtape came to my mind...
Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:38:09 PM by Gary Young

pfelelep

the first album I bought with my own money was ZZTOP "Antenna", from a sudden envy of listening to ZZTOP. :)

Still like this album btw, and looking at the artwork brings me memories of that era.
---------------Pfelelep

olsen

I remembered the first album that I bought was Aerosmith's greatest hits 1993. The album had 10 tracks.

pbassjunk

First CD, Orbital - Snivilisation. Still have all original contents. Still one of my favorites.

pbassjunk

First 'album' album, probably Bad on vinyl. Parents had a record player and it was the cool thing everyone was listening to, and as they were classical/Laurence Welk types only way I was going to hear it.

I think my first tape was either the original New Kids On The Block (don't laugh) or The Simpsons Christmas Album. I'm hoping it was The Simpsons.

dissertations

The first album I purchased was "Louder Than Bombs" by The Smiths...

I still play it now and then, its an amazing album.

9cupsoftea

The first album I purchased was "Louder Than Bombs" by The Smiths...

I still play it now and then, its an amazing album.
First CD, Orbital - Snivilisation. Still have all original contents. Still one of my favorites.

Great introductions to music!

Mikelap

Frst album i ever got was the original  Beatles Abbey Road in 1968 i think.
Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:34:36 AM by MIKELAP
PC Windows 10>Musicbee>Quad 405>Burson Conductor >Pioneer SX750>Woo Audio22>FLUXION AV-7 S.E.T. Speaker amp>FU32+6N2 AMP.>Asus Essence STX>CmoyBB>Sennheiser HD800S >Grado RS2E>DENON LA-D5000 LITE >DENON AHD-1001,Kef 104,Klipsch KG 5.5

Thorbjorn

First album I bought with my own money was Prodigy - The Fat of the Land. No idea what the first album I owned was.