Author Topic: Now Playing to External Files  (Read 113355 times)

namewithoutwords

I'm making use of the Now Playing to External Files plugin to write the currently playing track info out to a text file.

Prior to MusicBee 3.3.7491 (the most recent release as of this writing), whenever musicbee was paused or stopped, this plugin would update the text file and "empty" it.  This behavior was useful to me, since I could (via scripts) take actions based on whether the file was populated with playing info or was empty.

After updating to the latest Musicbee, this empty-on-pause-or-stop longer happens, and the file is unchanged whenever MusicBee is paused or stopped - though the file is still emptied whenever MusicBee is closed.

I realize the plugin is no longer maintained, but the source for the plugin has been shared), so (long shot) maybe someone will know how to fix it?

(if you've read this far and are curious why I care - I use this plugin in conjunction with a crappy shell script I wrote to set my status in slack with what I'm listening to - and auto-clear said status when the nowplaying file is empty, i.e. I'm not listening).

hyp_wanda

This message is machine translated.
I get this error when I start Musicbee.
I've reinstalled it to fix it temporarily, but I'm getting this error again soon.
What should I do to resolve this error?

The plugin I'm using is ”NowPlaying”.

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38139D  (Win10.0), 26 10 2020 18:27:

System.ArgumentException: 使用されたパラメーターが有効ではありません。(The parameter used is not valid.)
   場所 System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   場所 MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.writeTagInfo(Boolean retryingToGetTags)
   場所 MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.RetryToRetrieveTags()
   場所 System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   場所 System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   場所 System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   場所 System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   場所 System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

manishboyradio

Okay i am not familar with doing a lot of coding or scripts, do any of you folks, have a template i could work off to create a way that could insert the pictures and text into OBS so the pictures rotate like they do on Music Bee?

Thanks in advance!

phred

• Global Moderator
This message is machine translated.
I get this error when I start Musicbee.
I've reinstalled it to fix it temporarily, but I'm getting this error again soon.
What should I do to resolve this error?

The plugin I'm using is ”NowPlaying”.
The error is being caused by a plugin. If "Now Playing..." is the only plugin you have, disable it and restart MB. If you still have issues, close MB, delete the plugin's dll file, and restart MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

allavaz

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but, could we get an option to split the artist and title into different files? To format them differently in OBS for example.

hiccup

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but, could we get an option to split the artist and title into different files? To format them differently in OBS for example.
The creator of this plugin has been absent for a while, so I'm not sure if you can expect an answer here anytime soon.

NetBoy

Hey there! Did you (or anybody else) find a solution for this?
I'd love to have the title scroll in OBS, but have the artist and album not scroll.

boroda

I'd love to have the title scroll in OBS, but have the artist and album not scroll.
not sure if i understood you properly, but will it be acceptable for you if album and artist tags are written to separate lines in the same text file? you can use "<CR><LF>"  instead of "<tab>" as tag delimiter.

RABIDYOTE

how do i get internet radio tags to show up properly? on other plugins like discordbee, the "artist" and "title" tags work fine for internet radio but don't work for this plugin. the station name shows up as the title, and the artist doesn't show at all 😓

sveakul

the station name shows up as the title, and the artist doesn't show at all 😓
This may be too simple for what you want to do, but the Play-History to Text File plugin (https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/197/play-history-to-text-file/) will keep a date/time ordered text file of radio station song titles and artists (when that metadata is being sent by the stream).  The log looks like this:

Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:08:21 - Sama hvad - GDRN feat. Matthildur
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:09:32 - Love Forsaken - Ekos Quartet
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:16:31 - Future - Lettie
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:22:02 - Nuna ft. FEY - Muted
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:23:38 - Los Angeles - Brother Sun Sister Moon
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:28:27 - Speak - Lonesome Animals
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:33:20 - Diet Of Water And Love - Flunk
Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 12:17:00 AM by sveakul

RABIDYOTE

the station name shows up as the title, and the artist doesn't show at all 😓
This may be too simple for what you want to do, but the Play-History to Text File plugin (https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/197/play-history-to-text-file/) will keep a date/time ordered text file of radio station song titles and artists (when that metadata is being sent by the stream).  The log looks like this:

Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:08:21 - Sama hvad - GDRN feat. Matthildur
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:09:32 - Love Forsaken - Ekos Quartet
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:16:31 - Future - Lettie
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:22:02 - Nuna ft. FEY - Muted
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:23:38 - Los Angeles - Brother Sun Sister Moon
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:28:27 - Speak - Lonesome Animals
Sunday, 25 July 2021 15:33:20 - Diet Of Water And Love - Flunk

that plugin does actually function as expected, but i wish there was a way to configure what is displayed in its settings! ah well, it works fine as is. thank you!

NetBoy

not sure if i understood you properly, but will it be acceptable for you if album and artist tags are written to separate lines in the same text file? you can use "<CR><LF>"  instead of "<tab>" as tag delimiter.

Thanks a lot for this!
I found a "workaround" where I create two text boxes each with the text from musicbee, and then just crop off lines as needed for each box.
Cheers for the <LF> notation, really useful.

iconoclastxvii

Just started getting an "Out of memory" exception a few weeks ago. Would happen after an hour or two of playing.

Code
9/30/2021 11:40:24 AM - 10.0.19043.0 - 3.4.7805.33439D - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.writeTagInfo()
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.ReceiveNotification(String sourceFileUrl, NotificationType type)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zlFwaJ1S_oYR_8J8laA==.#=zARNNEqVc$Cnu()

lichtlaerm

Hi. I am unable to access the download link for this plugin. Apparently it's broken because it says "Generating new download key" constantly. I've tried accessing from different devices and IPs and it's not on my end. There is a related github issue that points that this happens when the link was not generated properly:

https://github.com/hklcf/MediaFire-Stream-API/issues/9

Can you please fix it? Thanks!

boroda

it's strange, but deleting this zip on mediafire and re-uploading it again didn't solve this problem (though my local zip, which i re-uploaded, is fine). so i had to repack old dlls into new zip:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z9nqtsa8nproc4a/mb_NowPlayingToExternalFiles-2023-05-15.zip/file

p.s. just for the record: all my plugins have "backup download" link to google drive (which worked fine in this case) at the end of the plugin description.