Author Topic: Now Playing to External Files  (Read 113365 times)

boroda

• Now plugin empties external files instead of deleting them on stop/pause/mb closing. This behavior has better compatibility with other programs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c5rihhjmznmwa3h/mb_NowPlayingToExternalFiles_2015-06-28.zip

BeeBeeKing

Hi Boroda74,
It creates a a nil entry in the txt file ok. But unfortunately this hasn't fixed my problem.
Our streaming service still retains the last played track when MusicBee goes off and we revert to live studio programming.

The only other thing i can think of is if musicbee goes off can your plugin insert a custom message into the tags.txt file to replace the jukebox track title.
"You're listening to [name of Station] or similar"?
Irealize this is  more work for you, but would be appreciated if you could get time to do it.
regards,
Geoff

boroda

try this version, it writes spaces, if it wont work i create a setting for custom text written to external files on mb exit:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ts4mqbelmcblhn/mb_NowPlayingToExternalFiles_2015-06-28-2.zip

BeeBeeKing

thanks Boroda74, i'll try it and get back to you

BeeBeeKing

Yes that works, thank you Boroda74. Certainly worked on exiting MusicBee, I didn't try pause as it's evening here and I didn't want to interrupt the broadcast any longer, will try again in the middle of the night.
An option to insert a custom text would be great as well, something like insert spaces or insert custom text option.

Lordmau5

Hey, I really love the work you put into this. It certainly is of good use for streaming on my end :D

However.. it seems that the CoverArtwork is only saving occasionally?
Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? (Considering that it literally is only a directory to save the file in, I don't really think I'm doing anything wrong :()

~ Greets.

//EDIT: Okay, so apparently the cover artwork only saves to the file-location if I start a song from a different album.
If I go with a song from the currently playing album, it just removes the file (Or well, saves some weird data to it)
Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:07:30 PM by Lordmau5

boroda

yin

This is a great plugin!

Is there a tag in musicbee for current line on a synchronized lyric? It would be perfect with this, I would be able to add lyrics to my streams ;D

Thanks for your hard work!

boroda

thanks for kind words! no, unfortunately there is no such tag. i could ask Steven to add this tag to api, but i'm afraid he could add this tag to mb 3.0 only which will be available in a few months.

yin

thanks for kind words! no, unfortunately there is no such tag. i could ask Steven to add this tag to api, but i'm afraid he could add this tag to mb 3.0 only which will be available in a few months.

I see, so something like this would depend on changing the api itself, huh? It would be pretty cool if it could be added onto mb3.0!

Thanks again!

boroda

what do you want to be exported by plugin if there is no synced lyrics? empty string or the whole unsynced lyrics?

Steven

• Administrator
@boroda74, you should be able to get the full synchronised lyrics already. If i understand correctly the request is more along the lines of MB notifying your plugin that the current playing line number in the synchronised lyrics has changed and for your plugin to write the line number

boroda

yes, i can write own parser, but anyway plugin should be notified that current line of synced lyrics is changed which line of synced lyrics must be displayed.
Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:50:28 PM by boroda74

Steven

• Administrator
yes, i can write own parser, but anyway plugin should be notified that current line of synced lyrics is changed.
i would need to add a new api call and if it did it, i would provide you with the text so you wouldnt have to parse the whole lyrics. But it would be something on the to-do list for next year