Author Topic: <Solved> Remove different artwork from multiple files at once  (Read 16850 times)

redwing

Actually redwing, I followed the steps you're doing to check it and I can now confirm that I do get the same behaviour - until a file rescan is performed, it appears as if the artwork's removed, but afterwards, artwork appears again. However, I can't consistently produce this as some files I've edited with the same version as I'm currently using are definitely without artwork after I'd deleted it using MB.

Yes, I too noticed that, except 5024, other versions work inconsistently. For instance, 5020 and 5026 can sometimes remove one of two, sometimes none, but never can remove both artwork. But still this is a progress. Most previous versions before 2.2 (can't say all since I didn't test them all) were not able to remove even one artwork when multiple files with different artwork were selected, as I reported in the first post.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

No. without any changes in tags. It looks just random. Oddly, when I tried to remove two files but it ended up removing one, if I open undo menu, there's no edited file. Artwork was actually removed from one file, but undo can't be done.

Steven

• Administrator
No. without any changes in tags.
i'm not sure based on this response - did you try with any tags changed at the same time?

edit:
if the way of removing the secondary pictures was to simply tick the checkbox on the first picture only then in that case only it wont update the music file. Thats corrected for the next v2.2 update
Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:33:12 PM by Steven

redwing

I'm not sure why you're asking about tag changes. The way I test this is simply (1) selecting multiple files in different albums, (2) ticking the artwork checkbox and (3) clicking on the save icon. On every test, I chose different files from different albums. And all files in the tests had only one artwork (album cover) as the most of my files.

Steven

• Administrator
i am asking about other tags being changed because there is special logic for when artwork only is changed and if the artwork is not embeded it doesnt update the file, the the musicbee cache. It would also be consistent why you are saying it randomly happens - i dont think it is random ie. you had probably updated other tags at the same time. There is one thing overlooked in that logic for when the artwork checkbox is ticked for multiple files, it doesnt update the file - that specific case is addressed in the next v2.2 update

redwing

All artwork is embedded to my files. And I have ticked "embedded" only for artwork retrieval setting. Sounds like you have fixed the issue if that's about the artwork checkbox. I'll let you know after next update is released.

redwing

Not fixed. Basically the same as 5020 and 5026.

Selected three files from three albums, but MB deleted only last file's artwork. First two files looked removed, but file rescan restored to the original with the files intact. Undo menu still lists no edited files even though the last file's artwork was removed and the file's modified date was updated with a smaller file size.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

You mean ticking another field's checkbox in addition to the artwork checkbox?

=> It worked perfectly. Undo worked fine too.
Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:00:01 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Excellent! It's working perfect now. Tested with 6 files, and it removed them all and restored them all with undo.
Thanks a lot!