Author Topic: <Solved> Remove different artwork from multiple files at once  (Read 16480 times)

redwing

I can't believe there's no way with the current MB to remove different artwork from multiple files. Even for the same album, if there are slight differences in dimension, you can't remove the same picture from two tracks at once. I can see "primary picture" is properly populated for each track with artwork column in main panel, then why is it so hard to remove them altogether? Is that for safety purpose to prevent an accident? Then that should be given as an option. Thanks in advance for considering this!
Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:21:30 AM by redwing

redwing

Looks like this is now working with 2.2.5024. Steven, did you make any changes lately?

Pingaware

If I understand what your original request was Redwing, it's always worked for me. If you had multiple files with different artwork, highlighted them all, then went to the artwork tab of tag editor and ticked the box for artwork to be the same, all artwork for all the tracks would be cleared. This has worked for as long as I've been using MB (going back to 2.0).
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

redwing

If I understand what your original request was Redwing, it's always worked for me. If you had multiple files with different artwork, highlighted them all, then went to the artwork tab of tag editor and ticked the box for artwork to be the same, all artwork for all the tracks would be cleared. This has worked for as long as I've been using MB (going back to 2.0).

Are you sure? It didn't work even with 2.2.5020. It looks they were deleted. But if you rescan them, files were not modified at all.

Steven

• Administrator
to answer the question nothing has been changed (unless there is some side-effect of something else) and it should always have been able to delete a picture from multiple files. However i recall the logic for that is not so straight-forward and i wouldnt be surprised if there is some combination of locally stored pictures/ externally linked pictures where it doesnt work as you might expect (not saying that is the case)

redwing

That's strange. I have all artwork embedded to my files. However I can't delete artwork from multiple files in different albums with 2.2.5020. And I don't recall that's possible with any previous version. But you know what they can do.

Pingaware

Redwing, what exact steps are you trying to do and exactly what are you trying to achieve? Let's check to see we're doing the same things.

redwing

Same steps as yours. For me it's working with 5024, but not with 5020. That's all.

redwing

Steven, I'm curious. Did you make any changes about artwork handling with the version you just uploaded?
Deleting artwork from different albums doesn't work again with this one. If I select two files, only one file's artwork is removed. If I revert to 5024, it's working fine.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Really strange. To make sure, I rebuilt artwork cache several times, restarting MB. Then I did several tests with this and the previous version. They work differently in removing artwork from different albums. Any clues you can think of?

Steven

• Administrator
i will look at it over the next few days. I dont see how the artwork cache would be related - i assume you are checking by looking at the artwork in the tag editor afterwards

redwing

I'm checking with all the means. File rescan is a must, and then checking Date modified, file size, and lastly checking with mp3tag. As I said above, 5024 was the only version worked for this purpose at least for me.

Pingaware

Actually redwing, I followed the steps you're doing to check it and I can now confirm that I do get the same behaviour - until a file rescan is performed, it appears as if the artwork's removed, but afterwards, artwork appears again. However, I can't consistently produce this as some files I've edited with the same version as I'm currently using are definitely without artwork after I'd deleted it using MB.