Author Topic: Metro Skins  (Read 124268 times)

VX

Nice work....The download link for these are not working at the moment.

Both links are working fine for me. Try again

lnminente

BTW we skinners, use to share the sources of our skins and give full rights to others to modify and publish them. I'm pretty sure your sources would be very welcomed :)

Alexis

Nice work....The download link for these are not working at the moment.

Both links are working fine for me. Try again

working for me now too   thank you.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

SimonBRT

BTW we skinners, use to share the sources of our skins and give full rights to others to modify and publish them. I'm pretty sure your sources would be very welcomed :)

yes please! if you are ok with it of course...

Alexis

yeah.  does not seem to work on windows 7, so would like to explore it.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

JMoss

Sure, I'll upload the sources soon ;)

yeah.  does not seem to work on windows 7, so would like to explore it.

Mmmmh, this sounds strange, I'm running MB skinned with my works on both W7 and 8 without problems...  :-\

I like the skin. Thank you for your work. For me the "edge" around the buttons, lines in general are a little too thick. I think this would look nicer if they were more delicate, thinner. Looking forward to updates.
thank you again for a nice skin that I like next to Calcium.

Agreed, I've done something in that direction. Preview:

Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:38:37 PM by JMoss

JMoss

Added thin versions (they look really neat now). From now, old (thick) versions are DISCONTINUED.
Anyway don't worry since everything is now open source ;)

lnminente

Maaaany thanks in name of most of us :)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Really nice work on these!
Especially like the icons  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

SimonBRT

these are just getting better and better!

quick question:  in your images in the opening post you do not have the track time displayed in the main player panel.  it looks really nice and clean this way but i can't figure out how to not show the time/time remaining, can anyone help?

jistme

Fantastic work!
These must be the cleanest skins around.
Also thanks for sharing the sources, I'm sure that might be very helpful to others.

A few remarks:

- Maybe the 'checkticks' would be nicer if also in blue?
- The borders between the preferences options are now 50,50,50. Maybe nicer with 255,255,255?
- The blue border around the caption bar is thicker than the panel border.
- The width of "TrackText' could be increased, especially on the right side. This is useful for long (often Classical) tracks.
- Did you leave out the 'Auto-DJ' icon in the player panel on purpose?
Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:01:59 AM by jistme

derausgewanderte

Added thin versions (they look really neat now). From now, old (thick) versions are DISCONTINUED.
terrific! glad you already thought of that and implemented it.
very cool

JMoss

these are just getting better and better!

quick question:  in your images in the opening post you do not have the track time displayed in the main player panel.  it looks really nice and clean this way but i can't figure out how to not show the time/time remaining, can anyone help?

Thank you :)

About the track time, I guess that I haven't it displayed because of my DPIs.
You may try to modify the skin.xml file in the sources and the size of the track font to obtain the same view, but it's just a possible workaround, since from what I know there's no option to hide those elements.

Fantastic work!
These must be the cleanest skins around.
Also thanks for sharing the sources, I'm sure that might be very helpful to others.

A few remarks:
- Maybe the 'checkticks' would be nicer if also in blue?
- The borders between the preferences options are now 50,50,50. Maybe nicer with 255,255,255?
- The blue border around the caption bar is thicker than the panel border.
- The width of "TrackText' could be increased, especially on the right side. This is useful for long (often Classical) tracks.
- Did you leave out the 'Auto-DJ' icon in the player panel on purpose?

Thanks!
About the remarks:
1 and 2) Yes, I agree. Actually the blue skin is a copy of the charcoal one in which I swap all the "34,34,34" color values with a blue tint.
But since the skins are now near to completion, I can focus on them individually to enhance something here and there.
3) THIS is a serious issue. It looks well in the main panel, but it literally sucks when opening other windows. I don't know how to solve it! Help would be super appreciated! ;)
4) Mmmm, I'll check it.
5) Fixed in v2 skins, not in v1 which are discontinued. But if you like v1 skins, you can simply play with the sources to build a custom solution.

Patearson

Hi !
 Thoses skins are awesome !

I noticed something though, the track times are cropped at the bottom:

SimonBRT

I am working on my own modification of this skin but one thing is driving me crazy.  I have the same problem as Patearson above, the track position is not displaying where it should. 

I have attempted to make changes in the skin.xml file provided in the sources for this skin but nothing I try seems to have any effect on the location of track position.  I even tested deleting all elements out of the skin.xml except the background, MB reverts to defaults for all buttons/elements but the track position is still in the wrong place as below.  When I load the skin in the skin creator it displays correctly, but whenever I load the compiled skin in MB it does not appear where it should.

This image shows the skin creator (correct track position) and the actual result in MB.

If anyone can help with this I would be so grateful.  Its all thats holding me back on a mod of this (already great) skin that I'm quite pleased with.