Author Topic: Metro Skins  (Read 124266 times)

JMoss

METRO SKINS
[LATEST UPDATE: 14/05/2014]

Hey guys, these are my very first works in terms of skins for our loved player ;)
And to be honest, this is also my first post here, so nice to meet you!
Let me know if you appreciate them.
I took inspiration from an unfinished project of a guy who used to post here (can't remember the nickname, I'm sorry) on this forum,
but actually I managed to redesign the whole thing (I even designed all the icons by myself). So part of the credits goes to that guy.
So, take a look at a few screenshots!

Metro Skin v3.5 Flat

Metro Skin v3.5 Classic

DOWNLOADS

Metro Skin v3.5 Flat
Metro Skin v3.5 Classic

Old versions
Metro Charcoal v3.0 Flat
Metro Charcoal v3.0
Metro Charcoal v2.0
Metro Charcoal
Metro Blue v2.0
Metro Blue

SOURCES (single zip)
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:57:53 AM by JMoss

tom_dl

Welcome! They look great. The download links don't seem to work for me though...

JMoss

Welcome! They look great. The download links don't seem to work for me though...
Oops!! Fixed  ;)

redwing

Welcome to the forum!

It seems that MB won't start with both skins. Any ideas?

beeing good

I get the same thing as redwing, crashes on start up unfortunately.

redwing

Just in case, if you need any help, feel free to ask Bee-liever, jistme (both users have considerable experience in bitmap skin) or other skinners for help. You can post or PM your inquiries to them.

Steven

• Administrator
the problem is the "ScrollBarMargin" setting. I will put in some handling for the next update but for now its size needs to be reduced to 7

VX

The skins look quite nice  8) Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard  :)

JMoss

Mmm... Working fine here.

@Steven: I didn't touch margins, the base for both skins is "Calcium" :(

Oh maybe I found out... I'm using a blank icon by default and I specified the file name in the skins!
I'm reuploading.
Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:34:39 PM by JMoss

JMoss

Fixed and uploaded! I'm sorry, hope this time is the good one.

Edit2: didn't realized which property Steven was referring to! Sorry again xD
It works on MusicBee 2.1 beta, anyway! Just in case, I'm re-reuploading it again, fixed.
Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:34:06 PM by JMoss

grayscale

Finally, a Metro skin, but can you make a dark/gray/darkGray version of this?

JMoss

Finally, a Metro skin, but can you make a dark/gray/darkGray version of this?
Maybe, but not in a few days ;)
Are the skins working btw?

grayscale

Yes, it is!  :D

Definitely looking forward for it. Thanks!

SimonBRT

Wow!  Excellent work and welcome to the forums.  Truly impressive skins.  They really do look fantastic.

A couple of small points.  I absolutely love the icons you have created, they look really very good. You've missed one though for Playlist Mixers, or at least MB is still using the default icon for those when i run the skin.

When clicking on the shuffle button in the player bar it cycles through shuffle on/off but not auto-dj also as is normal.  is this on purpose?

finally (and i am nitpicking here) from your images, it appears that you don't use the right side bar.  lots of us do however and i feel it needs a little more work. in particular, the now playing/track detail header bar is still grey.  hope that makes sense, i can post a screen if not... 

brilliant work though!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Nice work!

Please be sure to add your skins to the wiki, as well: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Skins

(If you can handle skinning, adding a skin to the wiki is child's play.  Just see the instructions at the bottom of the page.)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)