Author Topic: Track Progress in Windows 7 Icon  (Read 4061 times)

kfm423

Winamp has a plugin for windows 7 has a track progress bar within the icon filling with green as the track progresses.  This would be a niffty feature for MusicBee.  Included is a link to the plugin.
http://code.google.com/p/win7shell/

FadedMaster

Just so I'm clear, I think you are talking about the same bar you get when copying files from one folder to another.  The Windows progress bar.  Because for the thumbnail view of the window, it provides the track progress, but that is only upon mouse-over.

kfm423

Yes the Windows progress bar.  I do see that you can see track progress if you mouse over but it is kind of nice to just glance down to see how much of a track is left.

GatesDA

A more standard use would be tracking the progress of long background tasks like volume normalization or format conversion.  I recommend that as a default with track progress as an option.

butler360

Yeah, I think this could get very annoying with a progress bar for each song. It would be fine for background tasks or just as an option, though.

FadedMaster

A more standard use would be tracking the progress of long background tasks like volume normalization or format conversion.  I recommend that as a default with track progress as an option.

I second this.  Sounds like a good idea for the background processes.  I seem to lose track when I've finished one list of things to do and I don't notice that I can queue up some more things to do. Haha.

chorpo

+1 for progress information in win 7 but only for background processes - adding to library, ripping, etc..