Author Topic: Custom images into template?  (Read 13002 times)

vi3x

Hi Steven,

I don't know if this feature is already available (couldn't find it in the TheaterMode plugin thread), but I would like to add a CD case overlay to my TheaterMode template. I created a png with alpha channel that I wish to place on top of the album artwork, but I couldn't find a simple "image" element to do that.

Any suggestions to implement this / could it be added?

Thanks!

delpinsky

Hi everyone!
First post here, since I've just discovered this great music software. It's really what I needed.

I'll do the same question:

is it possible to add an element tag as "layer" with a CD Case image over the Album Art image?
(in the home-theater mode)
In any case I'll start messing around with the xml files.

I see there also "xmlc" files for the embedded mode.
They are encrypted files, so in case, I should request this feature to the skin developer...

Thanks in advance!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi!  Welcome to the forum.

XMLC files are skins.  There are no xmlc Theater Modes, to my knowledge.

Added: I don't know much about Theater Modes, so I'll let someone else field that one.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

delpinsky

Yes yes, I know XMLC are for embedded mode  ;)

I was just thinking about how to add the CD case layer over the Album Art in both modes, Embedded and Home-Theater.

Clearly being XMLC files encrypted, should be the skin modder to add it...
While for XML files it's just a matter of adding the specific tag element, if it exists.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes yes, I know XMLC are for embedded mode  ;)

I was just thinking about how to add the CD case layer over the Album Art in both modes, Embedded and Home-Theater.

Clearly being XMLC files encrypted, should be the skin modder to add it...
While for XML files it's just a matter of adding the specific tag element, if it exists.

You don't need to edit a skin to accomplish what you want.  The only difference between regular theater modes and embedded is where they're placed in the MusicBee folder.  All theater modes are XML files, so you can do what you want with the embedded version, too.

This is where embedded Theater Modes are:

Also, check here to find some Theater Modes that do things similar to what you want.  You can probably reverse engineer them: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Theater_Mode
Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:52:22 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

delpinsky

I will look into some of those xml files you linked me, as some got BG pictures.
In fact reverse enginnering is what I was looking for, if I can find the syntax of the tag to add images.

Right now, as embedded skin I'm using beeTunes, which is encrypted as xmlc, so I posted also the question to the modder.

One thing I'd like to see reproduced is what AlbumPlayer has...
http://www.albumplayer.com/features.htm

That Booklet-like presentation style is nice.

delpinsky

I did it!!! Hell yeah! :)

I was reading the thread about "New Theater Mode Elements" when I found this line....
- icon element
<element type="Icon" image="Images\Test.png" mouseOverImage="Images\TestH.png" x="100" y="100" onClick="PlayPause"></element>

After some trial and error, look what I created:

I managed to add a new image element over the album cover picture.
I created a .png image of a CD Case with a transparent square inside, which will be perfectly fitting for the album art picture.

I've added this line to XBOX Music Style - Gallery.xml, adding it at the bottom of the file:
<!-- icon element -->
<element type="Icon" image="Images\cdcase1.png" x="93" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-597" width="444" height="393" min="180" max="393" onClick="PlayPause"></element>

I also changed the AlbumCover element size and position to fit the CD Case image:
<element type="AlbumCover" x="133" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-592" width="400" height="380" min="180" max="400" brightness="1.0" ></element>

I'm very satisfied!

p.s.
If anyone needs the CD Case .png files, here they go: