Author Topic: 'Now Playing' list layouts  (Read 27466 times)

mikebo

I does that every time, so there are no specific steps i can provide (i'll pm my settings file)

also if i have a track playing and will clear the list and then queue a song ('Electricity' in this example) i'll get this:

Steven

• Administrator
i guess you didnt see my edited comment.
What shows when you switch to track details view.
If you edit the blank file, does it correspond to a real file or it is an item that should be on the playlist but just not showing the details.

mikebo

When i switch to track details that empty row disappears (in the sense that it cannot be selected anymore).

In thumbnail view i can select that last empty row; double-click does nothing; when i right-click the highlight will jump to the track above and display the context menu for it

edit: i can also drag it, it will show the drop indicator, but when i release the mouse button nothing changes

redwing

I too see the extra line with any node selected.

- but I can't play the empty line (can't show just speaker icon)
- thumbnail browser too shows some sort of empty line when its height fills screen, but the line is not selectable unlike now playing list. And if I click on empty area below the last item, highlight disappears from thumbnail browser. I think it shouldn't do that. The highlight should remain like screenshot.

Steven

• Administrator
i am able to reproduce using mikebo's settings and will post a fix later.
Also drag/drop into the playlist doesnt work as reported and will also be fixed

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix the extra line showing for certain configurations, and drag/drop into the playlist. It also makes the new Now Playing layout available in the modern compact player

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

KissCool

Got this error with the compact player:

MusicBee v2.3.5073.30024 (Win6.2), 22 nov. 2013 0:48:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=La valeur '1' n'est pas valide pour 'index'.
Nom du paramètre : index
   à System.Windows.Forms.ListView.ColumnHeaderCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   à #=qwpqld5uf$NMMnMMeKi8_IyJRyVXh25jII2VoY8cud6k=.#=qixFJISDTuTuMKX2JTkfoENK6Pt9TjvLV5uPReZWuKXU=(Boolean #=q6naSO_VOBHNNVI$jjy0dDQ==)
   à #=qODjwuQ199$ffSBFv5MNwIduFD3r1SsL3ArYN3uDkGFg=.#=qH70wbJXaALe91v9EPFGTxuKAlyq0kIkiij7XRhQenQI=(Boolean #=qz0kAdqE4r3YQMnSu3Omwxg==)
   à #=qOA$gvMndwzDD7N1qKi$nn__G_FcJvf8l4NquSZDEfZKb_xgBZYL_XX4ViAGbizhd.#=qKOb7gr3Hw7tUwkbMcwya3uVYRJYl1ov_16N$HobYg$I=(Object #=qjY3buMiLomUcZdMt_P8MQQ==, EventArgs #=q11vDo$R3DD0gYkfk5mmcKg==)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Settings:
- Overlay panels onto the picture
- show lyrics
- hover the mouse on the right window edge to open the panels not shown

Error occure when I try to open those panels not shown.

And just noticed one strange thing: when you display "now playing" to the right panel, you can have a "now playing" tab in the main panel. You can't if "now playing" is docked to the left panel. Is It intended?

mikebo

Looks and works great. I'm glad you've made the gap between artwork the same as the thumbnail browser.

Apart from the bug reported by KissCool, this patch (or one of the recent ones) extended the highlight background to the speaker icon but didn't extend the borders so it looks unfinished

If i may suggest some changes:
- a tooltip for truncated titles would be useful

- 1px offset from the list header (also in the thumbnail browser)

- better vertical alignment of text in the now playing list (2px down)

and in subscription list in the podcasts node (2px down)

SimonBRT

@mikebo - sometimes you're eye for detail is frightening!  ;)  I have to agree though that these small details really do help improve the overall experience when taken together. Great stuff.

Also, another fantastic new layout Steven!

Steven

• Administrator
unfortunately when using no header with list controls (the thumbnail browser also doesnt even though it looks like it has header) there is no gap at the top short of reducing the picture size and tweaking the highlighting which i am not willing to do.

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix the issue with the modern compact player popup sidebar and a couple of other bugs, along with a couple of minor GUI tweaks

Steven

• Administrator
just a warning this version might cause random freezing when double clicking to start a song. It might just be something in my environment and not a general problem.

mikebo

unfortunately when using no header with list controls (the thumbnail browser also doesnt even though it looks like it has header) there is no gap at the top short of reducing the picture size and tweaking the highlighting which i am not willing to do.

Now i wish i hadn't noticed that and this

At least you got it right in the subscriptions list (apart from the indentation and lack of artwork border :))

Any thoughts on the tooltip suggestion?

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix the random freezing when the now playing list gets reset using the new layout: