Author Topic: 'Now Playing' list layouts  (Read 27470 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i've done this (using %mix fg/bg) for the "Now Playing" Panel and "Playing Track" panel. Its in the next 2.1 update which i will post later.
Doing it within virtual fields as a formula is much harder. Not sure if i will do it and it will be at a later date that i look at it.

redwing

Any plan to support Now Playing list as the original request?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was thinking perhaps this should also be an option under Configure Fields, too.  That would come closest to the original request without using virtual tags.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
as i said above its much harder to change contrast or colour within a field and i might not do it

Steven

• Administrator
i've been looking at the 2nd request, the album art layout, having a picture and multiple lines of text for each picture. I was wanting to do this so you can still have multiple columns for the first line in each picture and then a single field for the 2nd line.
However there is a snag i have encountered that i dont think can be solved without redoing some things which i am not willing to do.
So could i get peoples opinion whether this feature would still be useful if each line just shows a single field? You could use a virtual field to combine fields but it would mean you couldnt put a fields in their own column eg. time in its own column on the right

mikebo

whether this feature would still be useful if each line just shows a single field?

That's fine by me.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
One field per line seems fine to me.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
this has the new Now Playing List layout which can be set in the Now Playing Layout preferences dialog.
As mentioned only one field per line is supported.
I havent added support for this new layout in the Modern Compact player as yet and it also doesnt support as yet clicking a rating if you have the rating field displayed. No doubt i will have overlooked other things as well!

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

KissCool

mikebo

It looks very nice already

There's an extra empty line at the end of the list

Drag & drop doesn't work for me either

Steven

• Administrator
is the blue you own highlighting?
there will be a gap at the end depending on the height of the panel as the top item is always flush with the top of the panel. The height of the gap should be less than one row in height, even 1px less depending on the panel height

mikebo

It's not just a gap, it's an extra row, which i can select (hence the highlight) but it's empty.

Steven

• Administrator
does it do it for any now playing list you create from scratch. Its not something that happens for me so i will need some steps to reproduce.
Also try setting it to Track Details view to see if it corresponds to a particular track
Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:17:23 AM by Steven