Author Topic: right click options in the Music Library  (Read 7320 times)

Xious

I have a couple of requests.  Hopefully I don't look like a fool and have just missed them.

1. The first is the ability to right-click on an Artist or Album or Genre in the browsing panes and choose to Play Now or Queue Next, etc.  Sometimes I want to add all the albums from a certain artist, and instead of having to highlight all the songs in the song list (bottom pane), I could just right-click in the Artist pane and add it to the Now Playing.

2. The second is a little more obscure.  I use the comment field in all my mp3's to tag my favorites and create smart playlists.  I do this so that if I rebuild my PC (which happens often) or change media players or whatever, I will still be able to create the same playlist automatically.  So when I listen to a track that I like, I edit the ID3 comment field with the tag I want.  It would be nice to create maybe a script or something that allows me to right-click on the track, choose a tag name, and have it automatically edit the comment field for me.  Or have a popup prompt me to type a tag or something of the sort.  And then if I could assign that to a hotkey.  Like I said, a little obscure but would save a bunch of time.

X

tincanman2010

I'm struggling without the right click menu options as well, mainly because if my laptop is on the table beside me I am used to being able to choose and play an album with one hand.

As for the second, bulk tagging would be great too.  I use an old thing called mp3tagtools that lets me, if I want, derive the Title field from the file name. I name all my files artist - title, which allows all kinds of fun. For my iPod if I want to make a playlist of train songs, for instance, I can throw relevant songs into a folder and group tag them so the artist shows as TRAINS and the Title shows as Artist - Title. Instead of adding 50 new artists to the iPod, I only add one.

Crosmanrond

1. this was implemented in one of the recent v1.2 updates, please download the most current version of MusicBee.
2. you should be able to, at the very least, select multiple tracks, press edit and edit the comment tag for them all at once.
Cheers,
Cros

Xious

1. this was implemented in one of the recent v1.2 updates, please download the most current version of MusicBee.

I am running version 1.2.3705.  I am still not able to right-click in the browsing panes and have a menu pop-up.

2. you should be able to, at the very least, select multiple tracks, press edit and edit the comment tag for them all at once.
Cheers,
Cros

I know that I can do that, but I was asking for a quick edit option so I didn't have to actually go into the edit mode.  Just a right-click on the track, choose an option, and the tag is automatically edited.

Crosmanrond

1.I'm running version 1.2.3733, and it is implemented. try again after updating.
2. I realize that, I was just giving you an alternative. Another alternative would be to use Right Click>Send to:>playlist>desired playlist on all the tracks you want labeled and then go through each playlist selecting all the tracks and then editing all the tags at once.

Cros

Xious

1.I'm running version 1.2.3733, and it is implemented. try again after updating.

Got it, thanks.  I just used the Download link.  I found the newest Beta through the forum.  Appreciate the heads up.

X

tincanman2010

APlay Shuffled context menu option would be nice too. My media player has that and I love it for playlists when I don't want it to start at the beginning each time I play it. Unlike using shufflle, play shuffle loads the tracks into playing now in shuffled order so you can see what's coming up. And if you don't like the order at the start, you can Play Shuffled again and get a new list

Steven

• Administrator
APlay Shuffled context menu option would be nice too. My media player has that and I love it for playlists when I don't want it to start at the beginning each time I play it. Unlike using shufflle, play shuffle loads the tracks into playing now in shuffled order so you can see what's coming up. And if you don't like the order at the start, you can Play Shuffled again and get a new list
the List toolbar button on the bottom has a Shuffle command

tincanman2010

Yes, but not 100% the same. The 'Play Shuffled' loads them into Now Playing in a random order, then plays them in that order. So you can follow along. Plus, one of my fave tricks is load a few playlists into a 'master' - my faves, wife's faves, etc - then select 'play shuffled'. Perfect for an evening together. At end end oif the night I delete those played and save the rest as a playlist for next time. That gives us several evenings of listening to good tunes and no repeats. Just playing a mass of songs shuffled makes it hard to delete the ones you've heard.

Steven

• Administrator
i still dont understand the difference - as long as the shuffle button on the right is turned off, load a playlist, then doing List> Shuffle will shuffle the tracks and they will be played in sequence

tincanman2010

I could be blind, but I can only see the list and shuffle option you describe when the playlist window is opened from miniplayer.

(You need a volunteer who can answer the easy questions. I'd volunteer, but I'm still asking them!)

Steven

• Administrator
there is a List button on the Now Playing list on the right sidebar. If you click on that you will see a 'Shuffle List' command. You aren't the only person who has thought musicbee doesnt support playlist shuffling!
Also when viewing a playlist in the main panel, a List button will be displayed on the main panel toolbar from which you can do the same

tincanman2010

aww, I like to be unique in my blindspots!

Just got to get this 5G ipod working on it - which is another thread, and when I have 6 hours to risk I'll have a go at resetting it.

Steven

• Administrator
if you have used itunes with it in the past its probably better to wait until i update the ipod library