Author Topic: One Line to One Album in Library view  (Read 25438 times)

BeeBeeKing

thanks iasc, I think i get a little lazy and don't change my views very often, therefore I forget where to do it...found it now and will have a little play. So If I get my columns how I want them in tracks view, when i go back to album & tracks view will my columns revert to how they were originally set?

Iasc

thanks iasc, I think i get a little lazy and don't change my views very often, therefore I forget where to do it...found it now and will have a little play. So If I get my columns how I want them in tracks view, when i go back to album & tracks view will my columns revert to how they were originally set?

they will stay the way you had them set when last using the track details view

BeeBeeKing

thanks again.
One last question: is there a skin that will allow alternate shading for each album in this consolidated track view? Would be easier to read.

Zak

• Global Moderator
the artwork field from the selector should have been made invisible as i hadnt included support for that so how did you get it to show?
Nothing special. After turning off the artwork column and enabling "Consolidate albums" I just selected "Artwork" again from the "Other Fields" menu.

Also, if MusicBee is closed down in this state it isn't possible to restart it. It just displays this error:

MusicBee v2.2.4929.28896 (Win6.1), 2 Jul 2013 1:35:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qz9gmSdQ3qSvllYDE8ttLn17$M4aRGB1Fxjn3LqekgDw=.#=qF95isY0UxlccHTp5cnudEokE9NZhE4Mn72EaTqB4UJ8=(Int32 #=qFtsDZ7v_lbpDbL6gloOQzQ==, String& #=qSvWCrHnhBclHVMVyRvNxdg==, Boolean #=qSOQw6uBEehfWUZCyAMGVVPHcm3DWIP09quOHbs423yc=)
   at #=qz9gmSdQ3qSvllYDE8ttLn17$M4aRGB1Fxjn3LqekgDw=.#=qbx1Qt2vYG2fFxe3UQ7mrcDyBC9pK0x5mys382KQ1UzU=()
   at #=qsek$NztV65h1kYbsqRD3V$9lMWugLy9UYqCAb1ZBPmg=.#=qni5LSHbnCvgDYaFL1tWUykSVNrZcRq$63N1AoK66VT8=()
   at #=qWq7xyy26pqD2g6W9UtmaC5WJT79EIHLRoCj9rlwEHZU=.#=qE68nXaoNVzSJyqO$ELRWOA==()
   at #=qYqIPecpnsaD3PGOVQNvNAVTImHlAMgRF9z6MU7gWxdk=..ctor(IList`1 #=ql911gVNglTkl0RAcaFOVBw==)
   at #=qYqIPecpnsaD3PGOVQNvNAVTImHlAMgRF9z6MU7gWxdk=.#=qPYl3Pqyw1rrLyYOMzaMPyFbfqSkwGxNMzwkjA9DO7oU=.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs #=qMhR3$VLL29L1FZKl1s$ptw==)
Bee excellent to each other...

Pingaware

I can reproduce Zak's bug in the exact way he described. Additionally, is it intended that the group by menu item is hidden until the artwork field is removed from the columns? (Terribly expressed, but hopefully you get the idea)
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
artwork is not supported in when grouping and/ or album consolidation is enabled. It would take some effort to enable it and it just doesnt seem that important of a thing to do for these options.
I will make sure you cant select the artwork - it should already have been the case but seems i havent covered all cases

Steven

• Administrator
this should properly disable artwork when albums are consolidated.
Also i have made file size accumulate for collapsed albums and various other track level fields now display "-" when the album is collapsed:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Note you should update to this version as yesterday's had a endless loop bug with lyrics in certain cases

BeeBeeKing

.............and various other track level fields now display "-" when the album is collapsed:

I am wondering about this, surely if the information is the same in each track of a tag then the the information should be displayed when collapsed as well?
the second build has taken a lot of this away. I notice the genre field behaves like this but the comments field does not. Most of my albums have the same comments in each track of the album so I would like that it display comments when collapsed.
Maybe this is just an oversight.
Thanks for implementing this anyway Steven.

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a change so that fields classed as "track level" eg. bitrate, comments, sample rate etc are displayed if all the files in the album have the same value:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip