Author Topic: One Line to One Album in Library view  (Read 25448 times)

BeeBeeKing

I was being a little self indulgent, I fear. I am very appreciative of Steven's efforts thus far, and have recommended MB to most of my friends.
And in the post above he has just confirmed he's on to it already......how good is that.

Thank you Steven
Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:24:18 AM by bluesbeat

redwing

Yeah, that's a great news! I'll be looking forward to the new layout too.

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Yes excellent news. Just please remember to remain courteous to Steven. It must be frustrating to read posts that are negative in an non-constructive way especially when you work as hard on a project as he does.
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Steven

• Administrator
with the new compact player taking much longer than i was planning i've decided to leave this request out of the current release. I apologise for setting your expectations that it would be included sooner. I still plan to do it though as i am already 3/4 the way through doing it, but i would expect that to be at least a couple of months off

Steven

• Administrator
this is done now for the next v2.2 update.
Its implemented in the Grouping menu (right click on the column header/ Group By/ Consolidate Albums)
when enabled:
- the album tracks are consolidated to one file
- when consolidated, some track specific fields will display blank eg. title, track number, etc
- other fields will be agggregated for the album eg. rating, time
- the album can be expanded/ collapsed to show/ hide all the tracks
- it only applies to the Track Details layout

I will make it available after some testing, maybe in the next couple of days

Zak

• Global Moderator
Playing with this now and it looks good.

Couple of early notes.

1. The time column for a collapsed album shows the total running time for the entire album. It would be logical for the size column to show the total size of all tracks on the album.

2. Unless the bitrate for all tracks on an album is the same, the bitrate column might more accurately show "-" instead of using the value from the first track.
Bee excellent to each other...

Zak

• Global Moderator
With "Consolidate albums" enabled, trying to display the artwork column causes the following error:

MusicBee v2.2.4929.28896 (Win6.1), 1 Jul 2013 13:06:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qz9gmSdQ3qSvllYDE8ttLn17$M4aRGB1Fxjn3LqekgDw=.#=qF95isY0UxlccHTp5cnudEokE9NZhE4Mn72EaTqB4UJ8=(Int32 #=qFtsDZ7v_lbpDbL6gloOQzQ==, String& #=qSvWCrHnhBclHVMVyRvNxdg==, Boolean #=qSOQw6uBEehfWUZCyAMGVVPHcm3DWIP09quOHbs423yc=)
   at #=qz9gmSdQ3qSvllYDE8ttLn17$M4aRGB1Fxjn3LqekgDw=.#=qbx1Qt2vYG2fFxe3UQ7mrcDyBC9pK0x5mys382KQ1UzU=()
   at #=qz9gmSdQ3qSvllYDE8ttLn17$M4aRGB1Fxjn3LqekgDw=.#=qfxvbHJA77hrfLVHvduQYdk6c$PLQpxQ5zjlM5ZM_iDA=(Boolean #=qEha99vjT7mbypIcjPYSsVQ==)
   at #=qz9gmSdQ3qSvllYDE8ttLn17$M4aRGB1Fxjn3LqekgDw=.#=qSvyImZQyd2L7eMqIbmPMN6WTsE_e6NKcMqCYfg13zbQ=(List`1 #=qFQL2cojfOoL$tVQ_eQxPsg==)
   at #=qz9gmSdQ3qSvllYDE8ttLn17$M4aRGB1Fxjn3LqekgDw=.#=qLOrKMfuTPtvn6E4z07oOGg==(TagCode #=quTH2PMzAQLE7gr4lr8I8SQ==, Int32 #=qTGUyPrmoa5g7OOcCdma28A==)
   at #=qz9gmSdQ3qSvllYDE8ttLn17$M4aRGB1Fxjn3LqekgDw=.#=qbVb6Z_oRWUtl2Ex48cTUXLW$Ku6NCgg2DhkOsMEPKWE=(Object #=qf4PviC50mikhUf0lQSBVjA==, EventArgs #=qbzxcMgdFkc7xRprTdk_giw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
the artwork field from the selector should have been made invisible as i hadnt included support for that so how did you get it to show?

Iasc

thanks Steven, but how do I install these two files?

this has the functionality as described above.
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

you need to copy and replace the files to music bee program files folder.

BeeBeeKing

thanks for that. Got it now.
I must be doing something wrong, as in my main library viw I can't see the group by option......yet I can see it in Now playing view?

Iasc

thanks for that. Got it now.
I must be doing something wrong, as in my main library viw I can't see the group by option......yet I can see it in Now playing view?

its only available as an option in track details view.

BeeBeeKing

Ok, sorry to be 'thick' but how do I set track details view....maybe I've never been there?

Iasc

Ok, sorry to be 'thick' but how do I set track details view....maybe I've never been there?

next to the search box there is a square icon with a down arrow next to it, just click on that.