Author Topic: Sync button when player is connected  (Read 5243 times)

9cupsoftea

It would be nice if - when a player is connected - there is a more prominent sync button, perhaps on the main UI along the top or bottom.

Currently I use locked tabs with musicbee so to sync music (which I do often) I have to open a new tab, select my player from the side, and then click sync (then close tab again). Not sure if many others would like this, but I'd even take the ability to configure my own button to sync.

mikebo

A sync button would be alright if it was placed next to the device node. Placing it in the toolbar imho makes little sense.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, maybe it could go roughly where the inbox count is?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

9cupsoftea

A sync button would be alright if it was placed next to the device node. Placing it in the toolbar imho makes little sense.

I have the node closed by default - just UI and album artwork. Though still, even in the node it would be preferable.

9cupsoftea

Sorry to bump my old topic, but I just wanted to add that it would also be cool to have a 'rip cd' button when looking at the cd drive node. Currently I have to go into menu, tools, rip cd, or use hot key (which sometimes don't work).

beeing good

You can set up a toolbar button for the rip cd command.

9cupsoftea

You can set up a toolbar button for the rip cd command.

Yeah, I know. I don't really rip cds that often though that I wanta button always there for it. I just think if a context sensitive button can be added for syncing when a player is connected in the main ui, the same thing would be nice for ripping cds (and probably some other use cases too).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sorry to bump my old topic, but I just wanted to add that it would also be cool to have a 'rip cd' button when looking at the cd drive node. Currently I have to go into menu, tools, rip cd, or use hot key (which sometimes don't work).

+1
similar to what I suggested here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8657.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)