Author Topic: New Compact Player Layout  (Read 396937 times)

redwing

On search panel, I'd like to be able to select a library filter under "Music" node so that only tracks in the selected filter display on the thumbnail browser. Would be useful to people using filters when listening to music.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

- new option to include your own custom background. I have included one of the skins from Grebs' theater mode packs so you can see how it could look
- album cover only layout now supports the "hide caption bar" setting
- when panels are overlaid on the picture you can now set a custom font for the Now Playing List, Artist Bio, Lyrics
- Repeat One is now supported on the player controls popup
- the search panel has been beefed up to support Library Filters, Podcasts, Playlists, Radio [and the Now Playing List/ Play queue from Theater Mode screens, and the Now Playing Assistant]

Thats pretty much all i have planned for this round of enhancements to the Compact Player - i have decided not to make any further changes to the layout when the player panel is overlaid on the background.

klint

- the search panel has been beefed up to support Library Filters, Podcasts, Playlists, Radio [and the Now Playing List/ Play queue from Theater Mode screens, and the Now Playing Assistant]

Thanks a lot, Steven, for beefing up the search panel :)
By the way, on the podcast search,  there is a slight graphical glitch with the highlighted row background as you can see here: http://vvcap.net/db/cDBD0p6m32olsm7JvjUw.htp

Cheers

[Edited] new screenshot, more explicit
Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:37:09 PM by klint

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
- Repeat One is now supported on the player controls popup

Thank you for adding that.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Excellent work! Thanks for adding all those great features!

A minor glitch:

With custom font of Segoe UI 12 pt, custom background selection box is not drawn correctly.

Steven

• Administrator
By the way, on the podcast search,  there is a slight graphical glitch with the highlighted row background as you can see here: http://vvcap.net/db/cDBD0p6m32olsm7JvjUw.htp
i cant reproduce that. Can you PM me a link to your settings file (help/support/view settings) and also let me know what DPI resolution you run your screen at eg. 96DPI

redwing

Regarding selected node:

1. No indicator that shows what node is currently selected: For instance, compact player is playing a playlist or a filter with shuffle on. But no way to figure out the currently playing node.

2. Selected node remains locally in each type of player. If you switch to main player, selected node in left navigator is not necessary the same as the currently playing one. It's the node you selected before when you're using main player.

ma_t14

There's a bug where you cant click other nodes (music, inbox) once you open the "Other" dialog.

Steven

• Administrator
the only restriction i find is when the context menu is open, clicking on Music or Inbox requires a second click - is that what you mean?

ma_t14

Yes. If the clicks are not clicked quickly in succession it won't go away. If you click in the main panel it goes away instantly though
Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:45:48 PM by ma_t14

redwing

As one of background feature options, I would like to enter a search term on the settings panel that would retrieve pics from Google image site and display on compact player. For instance, I could enter "Norma opera" and enjoy retrieved pics while I listening to the opera for 3 hours instead of rotating a few saved/retrieved artist pics. This would also allow to retrieve more varied pics for soundtracks and artist pics than those currently available, and people could easily expand their local pics collection.

ThY

Hello and thanks for the improvements on the compact mode, as i use it more and more, i decided to give this new version a try.
I love the "hide windows caption bar", it allows me to have a nifty player that merge perfectly with my blackish desktop.
But... when i'm using "album cover only" option, the player background doesn't remain black as it did in previous version.

I don't want to use album color mix neither, it's not dark enough for me, even with "darken background" slider playing.
The only way for me to have a plain black background is by using a custom black background, but if i do this, the "hide windows caption bar" option doesn't work anymore, and the cover art is shrinked.

Would it be possible to have the windows caption bar hidden, and a bigger cover art in custom mode ? Or maybe just no recoloring in "album cover only" mode ?
Also, the "row span" options in the second option tab still doesn't work for me on this version. :(
Redwing told me that it was intended to not work, is that true ?

Thanks ;)