Author Topic: New Compact Player Layout  (Read 396923 times)

Alexis

Steven, I really think that a good place for it would be just above the play bar.. similar to what is shown below:  Below IF not even overlapping the bottom of the image pane.

(I should have asked if you considered that)

Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:53:37 PM by Alexis
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

beeing good

I love it!  Maybe you could even reduce the volume control to a single button, sort of like the way it is in Windows system tray?  Stop button could go too?
I was going to make the same suggestion about the volume control, it seems a bit redundant having the level displayed all the time.

Steven

• Administrator
Steven, I really think that a good place for it would be just above the play bar.. similar to what is shown below:  Below IF not even overlapping the bottom of the image pane.
one reason i am against it is the background colour in that area will be changing for each new artist so you will get colours that dont work well whereas if its in the player panel the colour is constant

Alexis

OK, that makes sense. 

neFAST

Why don't you reveal shuffle/last.fm buttons when the user mouseover the equaliser?

Alexis

Why don't you reveal shuffle/last.fm buttons when the user mouseover the equaliser?

Do you mean mouse over the spectrum visualizer thing in his image?
----------------

Steven,
My only hesitancy for  the spectrum visualizer there is that it may force the play bar to be a certain size (little bias of mine)... but considering what you said with regards to the reason you would place it in that position..i think it would look pretty good.  (hard to really appreciate it its current contrast)
Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 10:30:16 PM by Alexis

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
My only hesitancy for  the spectrum visualizer there is that it may force the play bar to be a certain size

Do you mean width?  Isn't it infinitely expandable?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Alexis

My only hesitancy for  the spectrum visualizer there is that it may force the play bar to be a certain size

Do you mean width?  Isn't it infinitely expandable?

It is regarding height of the play bar

If you go to the previous page (third post there) you will see the two images I posted regarding that point
Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:53:06 PM by Alexis

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Oh, gotcha.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm still sort of stress-testing, here.  :)

It's supposed to scale artist pictures without distortion or clipping, right?  I've always had challenges with artist pictures not scaling correctly, and in this it's especially bad at the smallest resolution.

Here's an example:

On a related subject, perhaps when scaling down artist pictures should be right-aligned so they're not covered by the album art unless necessary?

p.s. color-coordination is wicked cool!  Also, I really like the Now Playing Auto-Hide feature.  Don't suppose lyrics could be done that way, too?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i tried putting the visualiser in the player panel but i dont think it works well, so i ended up with a slight variation of Alexis suggestion
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

I still havent done the wavebar so if you use that i suggest you dont use this version. I will probably put it in the middle of the player panel and remove the righthand side controls.
I would be interested in an comments as to whether you think the visualiser works the way its implemented.

Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:43:27 AM by Steven

Alexis

I hope this is not the result of a bias, but I have to say, that looks VERY sexy.  I always preferred this style for the spectrum visualizer than we have in other areas that appear as just vertical lines..  This is soo nice.

A suggestion could be to have some sort of blending/transition between the area the visualizer is in and the color just above it.
It also seems like you have it with some sort of transparency so that an color behind it won't matter.. it simply adjusts.. so maybe in that case, it does not warrant a different background area?  If that is agreeable, then one issue may be when others may want to have the visualizer with a custom color later on.  

This is really nice.  Affects my mood anyway.. in a positive way. :)

After writing this I just realized that the spectrum visualizer is not very distinct for lighter colors.  
Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:57:38 PM by Alexis

Steven

• Administrator
After writing this I just realized that it is not very distinct for lighter colors.   (I will remove these after a while to avoid clutter)
you mean the visualiser bars right?

Alexis

I meant to say that I will remove the pictures I posted to avoid cluttering the thread. And yes, the visualization bars are what I was saying are not very distinct against some colors

Alexis

probably just blending that area for a smoother transition may be  a good enough fix, if it is possible.

blending the separation line between the spectrum background and the artist picture/album background.