Author Topic: New Compact Player Layout  (Read 402577 times)

Steven

• Administrator
its possible but i would like to see if anyone else comments

Steven

• Administrator
I would like it if the spectrum visualization could go all the way across, even if part of it is covered by the album art.  It looks very awkward to me, squished in between the album cover and the now playing/lyrics panel.
yes i agree and i will spend some time to see if i can come up with something suitable. Separately i also plan to replace the seekbar with the wavebar (if enabled) as i dont like how its positioned at the moment

Steven

• Administrator
By the way, if you try to switch from old compact player to new compact player while in compact player view, this happens:

MusicBee v2.1.4813.32893 (Win6.1), 7 Mar 2013 12:47:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
i cant reproduce this - how did you do the switch?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I went into compact player mode, then into Preferences and changed to the new version.  I think I unchecked all the settings except Auto-Hide Now Playing List. 

Maybe it's related to the fact that Theater Mode is disabled for me? If you tell me which file, I'll upload the settings for you.  I'm getting that error every time I try to go into the new compact mode, now.  It even happens on MB start-up, if it's trying to be in compact mode (but still opens the normal window).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would like it if the spectrum visualization could go all the way across, even if part of it is covered by the album art.  It looks very awkward to me, squished in between the album cover and the now playing/lyrics panel.

Actually, on the latest version it seems better (I'm on a different installation now than the one with the error).  But maybe put it at the bottom, behind the track info?

I realize now it's because I had the Lyrics/Now Playing panel closed.  Having more space helped.

Also, I found a little visual problem with the last few bars getting stuck (this is with the Now Playing list open:

Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:45:43 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce the error as you appear to have it but this would probably fix the issue:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

also the dominant colour algorithm has been finalised and should now be stable with its colour selection

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i cant reproduce the error as you appear to have it but this would probably fix the issue:

Hmm.  No, it still won't let me go into the new compact mode.  Seems to be a slightly different error (on startup):

MusicBee v2.1.4814.36363 (Win6.1), 7 Mar 2013 18:01:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=q5kqygt8zI0MF4ZtkVvbFa2S46l6ieVaTmWz7p07Pe00=.#=q7SoEWbBp$vqdEz5vWBvgew==.#=qdcRR3bv_$hXYrosGqh$94g==(#=qD8F8ecg6sZqh7_No4InT7CfxVZRhGzu$Id$VatKEm3JFmf7kwvug$lZB69sy97uI #=qD3NDpm31Jk_6UhShDxsJow==)
   at #=q5kqygt8zI0MF4ZtkVvbFa2S46l6ieVaTmWz7p07Pe00=.#=q6xTTEi1bWADaSkVjA68q1GrYq3Bdikb8NjfM7OG9Wtk=()
   at #=q5kqygt8zI0MF4ZtkVvbFa2S46l6ieVaTmWz7p07Pe00=.#=qgkwziMUVlEUez4GlBSuYphuj8MRpwcn8OgAY_Jp8EKs=()
   at #=q5kqygt8zI0MF4ZtkVvbFa2S46l6ieVaTmWz7p07Pe00=.#=qst7HCMdnjzo1XJ61c2mUZc_s3BFtte8HcrdNL_fWqJ8=()
   at #=qSki_EbvDCqPY7mMhuL7AwDysMhsAPNZOnsxUsgOcVLGqLTjKha66RjxUGNvihleh..ctor(Point #=qAPM07$kQxD3DwXwNZXmdorQDQ$DRd3DJ782A0tfXR7Q=)
   at #=ql052sY5u_Ui5dqGmlpmchFE3WiekcCyiMjHKXgPvlmE=.#=qqWwcFdN3wzAnC0LKeMDy2g9eE55Xc5Pd7FOzNOn6xqM=()
   at #=qcP1K5C3DawVpZDDyA8HQz3VeM5CEfW5dkfL0i$6nfhw=.#=qGcKoMVC6LlyCY9B16k2Q_ooLKjSdJ_bhdqxDk15a65A=(Boolean #=qIIHeKaD4QJLPXPKMzI8ksg==)
   at #=qcP1K5C3DawVpZDDyA8HQz3VeM5CEfW5dkfL0i$6nfhw=.OnLoad(EventArgs #=qbuAFKACycfnl35$7wxVsvg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qeLwgYzNVfo3zkrsxm2omXWn7BCXQcY2$R0R5F84SMsuQIFOFELL2jqfZFGVpmB1k.WndProc(Message& #=qSB3Slp8o8AVbkYHFdJbc7w==)
   at #=qcP1K5C3DawVpZDDyA8HQz3VeM5CEfW5dkfL0i$6nfhw=.WndProc(Message& #=qs8DzRvOEFdaCc7LMNTXTEw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Let me clarify:

I can open in normal window, no error.
If I try to go into new compact mode, I get an error and it doesn't work.  AND if I then close MB and reopen it, I get the above error.
If I switch the settings back to normal compact mode but don't go into compact mode, the next time I open MB it goes into normal compact mode anyway, as though it had been closed that way.
If I switch the settings back to normal compact mode, go into compact mode, and then back to normal, the next time I open MB it's fine.

It may be that your new version will prevent the error, but just hasn't fixed what got "stuck" before.

Later update: I'm trying to get it fixed so that I can test whether the patch has resolved the problem.  Unfortunately, a reinstall over the old one didn't solve it, and so far neither has trying to delete settings files.  Don't sweat it too much, this was my test installation so as soon as I get back to that computer I'll trash the whole folder and start from scratch.
Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:20:22 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Will do.  It'll be about half a day before I can get to it again.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

neFAST

I updated to latest beta but can't find how to "trigger" dominant coloring. How can I display something like that snapshot?

Alexis

are you also using the last version that Steven has posted above... and did you enable it?

to enable the compact player with this layout, set "custom layout" in Layout(2)/ compact player preferences

They are not lazy... just more efficient.

neFAST

Ok, now it is working. Thanks for your help and sorry for the OT

Alexis

No problem at all.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
One thing i am thinking of doing is putting the (larger) visualiser inside the player panel for this layout. However there isnt room so i want to get rid of some of the player controls  -they could still be accessed from a right clicked menu.
So i am thinking of removing:
- last.fm button
- equaliser button
- repeat and shuffle buttons?

something like this. Anyone have any comments on that

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I love it!  Maybe you could even reduce the volume control to a single button, sort of like the way it is in Windows system tray?  Stop button could go too?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)