Author Topic: Logitech SetPoint players.ini cfg for MusicBee  (Read 30632 times)

Haggis70

It looks like the Window Class name changed in some newer versions of 2.x as well as in 3.x. Please try the following (replace any previous entries, and you can keep both of the below lines in at the same time):

MusicBee=key,MusicBee.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.141b42a_r10_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee
MusicBee3=key,MusicBee3.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.34f5582_r10_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee

I use a utility called WinLister to get the Window Class name.

Nplumb

It looks like the Window Class name changed in some newer versions of 2.x as well as in 3.x. Please try the following (replace any previous entries, and you can keep both of the below lines in at the same time):

MusicBee=key,MusicBee.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.141b42a_r10_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee
MusicBee3=key,MusicBee3.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.34f5582_r10_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee

works for me currently :D

Windows 10 x64
Musicbee 2.5.5804
setpoint 6.67.83
driver 5.90.41
Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:05:47 PM by Nplumb

Carsten

thanks, works for me on the latest musicbee3 version.

Carsten

this works with musicbee 3 but it "loses" the connection to musicbee quite often.

i_konst

The two lines above from Haggis70 did the trick. There is an issue however. When Synergy is running (I share my mouse and keyboard between two computers) and I am on the client computer (not the one running MusicBee), the multimedia keys are not working. I do see the SetPoint Play/Pause, Next, Prev popup on the host machine but MusicBee is not "reading" it to act upon it. Windows Media Player works fine with the multimedia keys from the client computer. Any ideas?

prki0

I think I've found a lasting solution for the problem (credits to garymartynuk @ github)

This mod works by completely disabling SetPoint's handling of a chosen media key and letting Windows handle the input. For me it works flawlessly (MusicBee v3.1.6512 / Windows 10 x64 1709).

First of all you'll need to quit SetPoint and find your keyboard's configuration file. Go to C:\ProgramData\Logishrd\SetPointP\Devices\Keyboard.
In there you will see a bunch of folders, each containing an *.xml configuration file for your keyboard. There are a lot of folders (67),
so finding the right one might take some time, but it's worth it. I guess u could accelerate your search by opening SetPoint keyboard settings, modifying a keyboard key and saving the file. Then u could search for an *.xml file in windows and sorting the search results by modified date. The file you are looking for will contain the name of you keyboard in the beginning of the file (u can open/edit them with notepad).

I have a Logitech® Wireless Keyboard K360 and here's what the right file (2001001.xml) for me looks like in the beginning:

Code
<Device DisplayName="Wireless Keyboard K360" Class="KeyboardDevice" Model="33558529" NumberOfButtons="18">

Once u are sure u've found the right file MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!

Press CTRL+F on your keyboard and search for HandlerSet="MM PREVIOUS_REWIND", HandlerSet="MM PLAY" or HandlerSet="MM NEXT_FF"

Each of these will be nested under a <Button> tag. It should look something like this:

Code

<Button Number="786614" Name="Button">
  <Trigger Class="ButtonPress">
    <Param Button="786614" EventType="33554432"/>
      <TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp" HandlerSet="MM PREVIOUS_REWIND" HandlerSetGroup="SmrkndPreviousRewindTrackKbMs" HandlerSetGroupAddOn="SmrkndOtherKeyboard"/>
  </Trigger>
</Button>

You can "disable" each button by commenting out the corresponding <Button> tag. To disable the previous track button u comment out its tag like so:

Code

<!--
<Button Number="786614" Name="Button">
  <Trigger Class="ButtonPress">
    <Param Button="786614" EventType="33554432"/>
      <TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp" HandlerSet="MM PREVIOUS_REWIND" HandlerSetGroup="SmrkndPreviousRewindTrackKbMs" HandlerSetGroupAddOn="SmrkndOtherKeyboard"/>
  </Trigger>
</Button>
-->

Basically, u add "<!-- " in front of <Button>  and add "-->" after </Button>. Without the quotes of course. Do this for each key you want to "disable" (Play/Next etc). Disabling the keys this was lets windows handle the media key input, they work great in MusicBee and should continue working even after a MusicBee update.

Save the file, start SetPoint and enjoy your music with MusicBee =]