Author Topic: Logitech SetPoint players.ini cfg for MusicBee  (Read 31106 times)

BruceBanner

I updated to the latest version of Setpoint, tried adding the line;

"MusicBee=key,MusicBee.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r11_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee"

to the last players.ini cfg file (I had to actually copy the players.ini file to my desktop, add the line, save it - running as administrator - and then copy it back and overwrite as editing within the Setpoint folder wasn't allowing the save, anyway i double and triple checked and the changes to the file are now there in the Setpoint folder, but I digress....). I added the line above as a new entry in the list/file, was this correct? Below is my c/p of the file;

#List of supported players
#{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},exeName,wndClass,wndCaption,xxx,play_delayplay,pause,stop,prev,next,remove_flags,ShowOSD,menu_item
#special char --> ^ ctrl;+ shift+ctrl; $ ctrl (no translation); * alt (no translation); @ ctrl+alt (no tanslation); & (no translation)
[Players]
MusicMatch7=wac,MMJB.EXE,MMJB:MAINWND,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,MusicMatch
MusicMatch=cmd,MMJB.EXE,xxx,MusicMatch Jukebox 4,xxx,0x101F4,0x18059,0x101F5,0x101F6,0x101F7,0,1,MusicMatch
MDesktop=wac,MDesktop.exe,MediaDesktopClass,Media Desktop,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Media Desktop
PowerDVD=key,PowerDVD.exe,xxx,CyberLink PowerDVD,xxx,0x0d,0x20,S,P,N,0,1,Power DVD
WinDVD=wac,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Win DVD
WinDVD4=key,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,InterVideo WinDVD 4,xxx,0x0d,0x20,0x23,0x21,0x22,0,1,Win DVD
WinDVD5=key,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,InterVideo WinDVD 5,xxx,0x0d,0x20,0x23,0x21,0x22,0,1,Win DVD
WinDVD6=key,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,InterVideo WinDVD 6,xxx,0x0d,0x20,0x23,0x21,0x22,0,1,Win DVD
WinDVD7=key,WinDVD.exe,WinDVDClass,InterVideo WinDVD 7,xxx,0x0d,0x20,0x23,0x21,0x22,0,1,Win DVD
iTunes_104=wac,iTunes.exe,ITWindow,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,iTunes
iTunes=wac,iTunes.exe,ITunes,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,iTunes
MSMedia9=wac,wmplayer.exe,WMPlayerApp,Windows Media Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Player 9
MSMedia7=wac,wmplayer.exe,WMP Skin Host,Windows Media Player,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Player 7
MediaCenter=wac,ehshell.exe,eHome Render Window,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Windows Media Center
WinAmp3=key,studio.exe,STUDIO,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp 3
WinAmp3d=key,winamp3.exe,STUDIO,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp 3d
Rhapsody=key,Rhapsody.exe,xxx,Rhapsody,xxx,^P,^P,^S,^B,^F,0,1,Rhapsody
#YahooMusicEngine=key,YahooMusicEngine.exe,YMPFrame,xxx,xxx,^ ,^ ,^S,$0x25,$0x27,0,1,Yahoo! Music Jukebox
YahooMusicEngine=key,YahooMusicEngine.exe,YMPFrame,xxx,xxx,^ ,^ ,^S,$0x25,$0x27,0,1,Yahoo! Music Jukebox
RealOne=wac,realplay.exe,GeminiWindowClass,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,RealOne Player
WinAmp5=cmd,winamp.exe,Winamp v1.x,xxx,xxx,40045,40046,40047,40044,40048,0,1,WinAmp 5
MediaLife=key,Medialife.exe,MediaLife Frame class,Logitech MediaLife,xxx, , ,S,P,N,0,1,MediaLife
MediaLife4=wac,Medialife.exe,MediaLife Koan GDI Class,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,MediaLife
PLAYDVD=key,PlayDVD.exe,PlayDVD Frame class,Play DVD,xxx, , ,S,P,N,0,1,PlayDVD
Nero=wac,NeroHome.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,NeroHome
Nero2=wac,ShowTime.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,ShowTime
Nero3=wac,Nero.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Nero
BaoFeng=key,storm.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx, , ,$0x53,&0x21,&0x22,0,1,Bao Feng
Koowoo=key,KwMusic.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,$0x74,$0x74,$0x75,?0x25,?0x27,0,1,Koowoo
TTing=key,tting.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx,@0x4f,@0x4f,@0x4f,@0x25,@0x27,0,1,TTing
#Pctutu=key,PPStream.exe,xxx,xxx,xxx, , ,^S,^0x21,^0x22,0,1,Pctutu
MusicBee=key,MusicBee.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r11_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee

[Players.Run]
MediaCenter=path,$WINDOWS\eHome
WinAmp3=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\Winamp3.File\DefaultIcon,,2
Rhapsody=reg,HKCR,rhap\DefaultIcon,,5
WinAmp5=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\Winamp.File\DefaultIcon,,2
YahooMusicEngine=reg,HKCR,TypeLib\{2C5EBFB1-9174-4FE8-88DB-D1F460A9E83B}\1.0\0\win32,,
Koowoo=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\kwfile_ksf\shell\open\command,,5

[Players.Display]
MediaCenter=Windows Media Center
RealOne=RealOne Player
WinDVD=WinDVD
WinDVD4=WinDVD4
WinDVD5=WinDVD5
WinDVD6=WinDVD6
WinDVD7=WinDVD7
MediaLife=MediaLife
PLAYDVD=PlayDVD

#{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},start,end,repeat start,,Donot send Play appcommand at end of FastForward operation
[Players.Seek]
MusicMatch7=cmd,22861,xxx,1
MediaLife=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
MediaLife4=wac,xxx,xxx,0,1
PowerDVD=wac,xxx,,0,1
MediaCenter=wac,xxx,xxx,0,1
PLAYDVD=key,F,,0,1
iTunes_104=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
iTunes=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
WinDVD7=key,F,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD6=key,F,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD5=key,F,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD4=key,F,0x0d,xxx,0
WinAmp5=cmd,40060,xxx,1,1
MSMedia9=wac,xxx,xxx,0,0
RealOne=key,^],,2,1

#{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},start,end,repeat start,Donot send Play appcommand at end of rewind operation
[Players.Rewind]
PowerDVD=wac,xxx,,0,1
MusicMatch7=cmd,22860,xxx,1,0
MediaLife=wac,xxx,xxx,1,1
MediaLife4=wac,xxx,xxx,0,1
MediaCenter=wac,xxx,xxx,0,1
PLAYDVD=key,B,,0,1
iTunes_104=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
iTunes=wac,xxx,xxx,1,0
WinDVD7=key,R,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD6=key,R,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD5=key,R,0x0d,xxx,0
WinDVD4=key,R,0x0d,xxx,0
WinAmp5=cmd,40061,xxx,1,1
MSMedia9=wac,xxx,xxx,0,0
RealOne=key,^[,,2,1

#list of Burn UI players (available on Burn button)
[Players.BurnSupported]
MSMedia9=True
MusicMatch7=True
Nero3=True

#list of Record UI players (available on Record button)
[Players.RecordSupported]
MSMedia9=True
MusicMatch7=True
Nero3=True

#list of 10" UI players (available on remote button)
[Players.IsRemote]
MDesktop=Trues
MediaCenter=True
MediaLife=True
WinDVD=True
WinDVD4=True
WinDVD5=True
WinDVD6=True
WinDVD7=True
PowerDVD=True
PLAYDVD=True

-----

Anyway, still no joy :(

jliu83

I am having the same issue.  Any resolutions to this?  Tried adding the last line to player.ini for SetPoint.  Keys are still not global.  The keys for the Logitech keyboard will work with MusicBee is focused, but will not work with some other program has focus.

Any help would be appreciated.

Haggis70

I'm not sure what the problem is. The players.ini looks ok. Make sure you restart SetPoint (or reboot) to ensure you are getting the changed file.

The other part to the puzzle is the MusicBee configuration.

You could try the following:
1. Temporarily rename %appdata%\MusicBee. When you restart MusicBee you will get a default configuration. See if it works now. If this works, the problem was how the keys are configured in MusicBee.
2. Right click on SetPoint and click Exit to shut it down. See if the keys work in MusicBee without SetPoint running. If it still doesn't work, then this also points to a MusicBee configuration problem, or just something different about your hardware/software combination.

jtoz

I was having the exact same issue and did what BruceBanner did - added MusicBee to .ini file. It didn't seem to work at first - also had trouble saving the file.  Worked fine after that was resolved.  However, now I am having a very strange issue: MusicBee when first opened will not respond to the media keys if it is unfocused - but only for that one time.  If I then focus Musicbee and use a media key, they work at that time and continue to work thereafter - whether or not MusicBee is focused (although I did just notice they don't work if the Edit Preferences Window is open).  Running Logitech Setpoint 6.65.62, Windows 7 64-bit, all settings in MusicBee re: global media hotkeys appear correct.   ???

dragonhunter281

Greetings all,

I am not sure if anyone has tried this version but I have not had an issue since I had replaced my Logitech Illuminated Wired Keyboard (Model: Y-UY95) with the same model. The application loads when I hit the button and the controls (i.e. play, pause, next/previous track) all work like a charm, even with other windows up and targeted. I don't know if anyone is willing to try this to see if it will work but in my setpoint window I have the following:

Control Center Version: 4.80.103

Driver Version: 4.82.11 (64 Bit/Win 7)

MusicBee Version: 2.4.5270

Hopefully, this will help someone. :) Because this version looks quite old, I would like to point out that it may not work with some of these newer devices, though my specific keyboard model has been out since 2008.

Nplumb

MusicBee=key,MusicBee.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r11_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee

worked great for me (K400 keyboard)

Alexis

As noted above, I saved a copy of  setpoint.ini file to desktop, inserted the string, then dragged it into the setpoint folder replacing the older player.ini file.
Then restarted my computer.  (Whether or not that was necessary)

I used same string as others:  MusicBee=key,MusicBee.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r11_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee

Issue:  As noted above though, I am having the issue where the commands only work if MusicBee is NOTin focus.

Using windows 8.1
Setpoint 6.65.62
Logitech  performance MX mouse
Logitech k800 Keyboard
MusicBee version 2.5.5532
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Alexis

Well, using the  new Logitech MX Master and the  Logitech Setting software seems to accommodate MusicBee, so problem resolved.

Alexis

Actually... that is if I do not try to customize the media keys.  Manually assigning any button to do MusicBee related stuff, results in the same problems reported on this thread.

bustarhyme

This is an old thread, but I found adding the following line to the [Players] section of Players.ini allows the multimedia keys to work properly for MusicBee, even when not focused, when using the latest SetPoint drivers. Restart SetPoint after making this change.

You'll need the default multimedia hotkeys defined in MusicBee as global keys.

My config:
SetPoint 6.61.15
MusicBee 2.4.5233
Keyboard: Logitech Wave Corded

Did this on Windows 10 64bit and it worked perfectly
Setpoint 6.67.82
Musicbee 2.4.5349

Exited Setpoint opened the Players.ini file with notepad, added the line after [Players].

Saved and restarted setpoint, all working.

bustarhyme

Ok well the above worked but Setpoint still behaves a little deranged in general with all other media players and also loses focus often with Musicbee.

The real solution?
Don't use Setpoint above this version:
Setpoint 6.32.7
Musicbee 5.33.14

Thats the last setpoint version that works as you expect it to on all media players, tested and working on Windows 64Bit 7 & 10. You need to hunt it down on google, there are still a few sites that still have it listed, I found it on x-drivers.ru , a bit dodgy looking site all in Russian but the driver I downloaded has been working for years!

wthit56

I agree that using an older version seems to work. But that older software doesn't show my newer mouse, and so makes it all a bit useless anyway. The only real reason I need the software in the first place is to be able to configure the mouse buttons. So if it doesn't show up in the software, it makes it pointless for me.

I have tried the player.ini edit, but that doesn't seem to work. Curiously in other software, like the Windows 10 Audible app, the media keys work fine, showing a little Windows 10 popup.

mozartjune

Steven

• Administrator
just as a guess:
MusicBee=key,MusicBee3.exe,WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.34f5582_r15_ad1,xxx,xxx,&0xB3,&0xB3,&0xB2,&0xB1,&0xB0,0,1,MusicBee3