Author Topic: Now Playing Panel at the bottom  (Read 6494 times)

wavelet

First, thanks for the great software. I've been using MediaMonkey before I found MB. MM is complicated and outdated, while MB is much more modern and actually encouraged me to organize my collections.

One thing on my wish list is, if you can add an option to put Now Playing Panel (not Playing Track Panel) at the bottom of the main panel. My collections are most classical music, the track normally has long name, with the artists and composer names, the line can get very long. Showing them at the right sidebar is often not enough.

redwing

1. You can dock Now Playing list in the bottom pane (but not for Track Info pane): right-click Right Sidebar Header> Customize Panel Settings.

2. Not exactly what you wanted, but you might want to try this: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8702.0

VX

Welcome aboard!  :) I also used MediaMonkey before I've found MusicBee :)

I suggest using 'Search' function on the forum. There are quite a few fans of classical music among the forum members. I'm sure you'll find some interesting and useful threads.

wavelet

Thanks for the input. Now I can put "Now Playing" panel at the bottom. I did searched the forum, and the most relevant thread is this,

Topic: A revamp of the "Now Playing".
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7240.0

The first image Analien is very similar to what I want. (I still want to see main panel though.) However, I couldn't make the album cover displayed at the left of the track detail. If I set the view to show album and tracks, the artwork is displayed on top of the track list.

In his picture, it seems to be the "Track Information" panel on the left. How can I make it to the "Now Playing" panel?

Thanks,

wavelet

I figured in Analien's picture, he must be viewing "Now Playing" in the playlists, not really the "Now Playing" panel under the main panel.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Analien's first screenshot shows Album and Tracks view in the main panel, and the Playing Track panel at the bottom.  I think that's the default view for the bottom panel, if you don't have theater mode enabled.

You could probably find an embedded Theater Mode for what you want.  Check out the gallery here:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Theater_Mode#Bottom_Only
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

In his picture, it seems to be the "Track Information" panel on the left. How can I make it to the "Now Playing" panel?

Right-click on the right-sidebar header> Panel Dock> Show in Left Sidebar

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If I set the view to show album and tracks, the artwork is displayed on top of the track list.

See this page for how to change where the artwork is displayed in Album and Tracks view:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Album_and_Tracks_View

Specifically, look at "fields location"

To be honest, I'm not sure enough of what you're asking for to know whether either of us is answering your questions effectively.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

wavelet

Right-click on the right-sidebar header> Panel Dock> Show in Left Sidebar

But, this will lose the track detail. I'd like something like this,

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Oh, that's not too hard.  I was picturing something more complicated.

What you want to do is put the Now Playing List in a bottom tab, then put it in Album and Tracks view.

To do that, you'll have to go into Preferences > Layout 1 and click the Configure Panel button at the bottom.

Then, where it says Now Playing List, choose Show in Main Panel (bottom).

Once you've got the list in the bottom panel, right click at the top and find Configure Layout, which should be at the bottom of the menu you get.  Choose Album and Tracks.

In fact, it looks like you've got Now Playing at the bottom already, so it's just the last step you need.

Edit: shoot, it may not work as well as I'd hoped.  Now Playing Album and Tracks doesn't seem to allow resizing of the artwork column.  It's very small.  I seriously suggest you look at some of the Theater Modes, which may do exactly what you want if you play around with them.
Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:49:17 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

wavelet

It will give me this, not exactly the same. I know I am a little particular here.  :)

redwing

How about this?

Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:13:18 AM by redwing

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, that's what I meant about the artwork not being resizable.  That might be a viable wishlist item though - being able to have artwork in a resizable column just like it is in the main window.

Good thinking, redwing!

If that doesn't work out, wavelet, I suggest asking around the Theater Mode forum.  I'm sure one of the existing ones could be tweaked to do what you want.  (And, actually, redwing is one of the more prolific authors of Theater Modes.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

wavelet

Thank you both, redwing and scampbll. What redwing suggested is good for me now, although not being able to resize make the interface less smooth. I just think put "playing Track" into "Now Playing" panel should not be too difficult, as it is just like the "Album and Tracks" view in the main panel.

I will give the theater view a try.

redwing

Now Playing Album and Tracks doesn't seem to allow resizing of the artwork column.

It only happens when Artwork view is grouped by album. With all other fields selected to group by, you can put Album & Tracks view in the bottom and adjust artwork column.

Edit: Well, I didn't carefully read scampbll's comment. What I said is true for selected tracks of the artwork view, not for Now Playing list at the bottom.
Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:05:26 AM by redwing