Author Topic: Simple browsing/search suggestions  (Read 3409 times)

trmbl

Hello,

I've only been using MusicBee for a short while, but there are a couple of simple features I couldn't find that I think would make music browsing a bit easier.
I don't want to make a separate thread for each suggestion, so here it is:

1: Hotkey to toggle Now Playing List visibility (especially when shown at the bottom of the main panel)

2: When opening Custom Search dialog, focus first text field automatically (so we can start typing immediately)

3: Option (in Preferences) to ignore library filters when using searchbox or custom search

4: Option (in Preferences or searchbox menu) to ignore browsing filters (Album is 'XXX') when using searchbox

5: Option (in Preferences) to focus searchbox immediately when typing in main panel (instead of focusing track)

Sorry if I request something that is already available.
I think any of these features would make MusicBee users save some mouse clicks everyday.

Steven

• Administrator
2: When opening Custom Search dialog, focus first text field automatically (so we can start typing immediately)
the custom search dialog has already been changed quite a bit in the 2.1 beta from the weekly updates topic

trmbl

the custom search dialog has already been changed quite a bit in the 2.1 beta from the weekly updates topic

I started using MusicBee with version 2.1.
I just updated to version 2.1.4805 (26-Feb-2013) to be sure and nothing seems different to me regarding the custom search dialog.
When I open it with my hotkey, the "match any/all" combobox is focused.

trmbl

I don't know if it's by design, but it also seems that the search function does not ignore accents.
For example, when I search for the artist "Trakker", it does not match with "Träkker".
It would be great if we wouldn't have to type these.

jistme

I don't know if it's by design, but it also seems that the search function does not ignore accents.
For example, when I search for the artist "Trakker", it does not match with "Träkker".
It would be great if we wouldn't have to type these.

Go to, and check:
Preferences > Tags  (or "Tags (2)" if you use recent 2.1 MB version) > Ignore diacretic marks when searching ...

trmbl

Go to, and check:
Preferences > Tags  (or "Tags (2)" if you use recent 2.1 MB version) > Ignore diacretic marks when searching ...

When you think you've already seen all the available options... Thank you for the tip !