Author Topic: Mathematical operators for virtual tags  (Read 14829 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Addition of arithmetic operators (as per MP3tag) to the virtual tag functions for any 'number' configured fields:
$Add(<field1>,<field2>) adds fields 1 & 2
$Sub(<field1>,<field2>) subtracts field2 from field1

would be greatly appreciated ( by me  ;D  )
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Zak

• Global Moderator
I'm curious what you would use these for.
Bee excellent to each other...

Gary Young

I'm curious what you would use these for.
@Zak: As I stumbled upon both - this thread and the preceding - so here's the background:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8979.0

Pingaware

I've had one or two situations come up with my virtual tags where being able to use very basic numerical operators (+, -, *, /) on tags defined as the number type in the Fields Layout panel would have been very useful. So far I've been able to work round these things, but I know I'm going to need to make a modification to one of my current virtual tags that I can't see a way round without being able to use something like <Virtual Tag 1>*2.

Any chance these can be introduced Steven? They would obviously only work for fields defined as the number type. I don't think anything other than +, -, * and / would be needed, possibly also with the ability to use brackets.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

+1 from me and the other +1's from my wish for the same thing (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9008.0)

NB. Maybe a kind and helpful moderator could merge these 2 threads into 1?  Please.

Pingaware

I was pretty sure you'd have made a thread Bee-liever, as I saw in my search on the board that you'd found situations where you'd need to use them. However, totally failed to find that topic in my searching!

Bee-liever

No worries Pingaware.
Took me a while to find it - and I posted that thread  :D

Pingaware

Apologies for the bump, but now seems the right time to bring it up again. (Inspired by redwing's wishlist bumps :P)

MeeMeeMee

I don't know about adding values of tags (of same track, I assume), I'd like to be able to display the duration of a group. Some examples:
  • Duration of CD1
  • Duration of Schubert's Piano Trio D929. All its track have the same Set Subtitle tag, and I use it in a sub-header virtual tag.

Maybe it's too specific or complicated for a function.
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

theta_wave

+1

Especially if a COUNTA function could be added (count fields that are not empty).  It could count # of tracks or albums for an artist.