Author Topic: Send to recycle bin the current song and play next song Plugin  (Read 26207 times)

boroda

Run MB as administrator. On Vista/7 writing to root of C: drive requires additional rights.

fukenA

I did try running as administrator (also using win7), but that did not help, no log file being written.

jorgejiro

Ok, thank you for your feedback. I'll try another method, and I'll test it on win7 64 bits.

Regards

jorgejiro

Hi all,

I've think I've misunderstood you all :-P

This plugin is able to send the current song to Recycle bin, and removes from "Now playing" playlist, but only from this playlist.

I've tried this plugin in WinXP, Win 7 32 bits, and Win 7 64 bits, and it works as expected.

I think you need that the plugin also removes the files from "Inbox" and from every playlist that have this song in it, wright?

If this is what you need, I'm sorry but this is another feature different that what I need, and I'm not really sure when I've time to improve the plugin with these features, but you can improve yourself, as the source code is public at:
https://bitbucket.org/jorgejiro/musicbee-sendtorecyclebinplugin

In any case, I think MusicBee library is able to detect automatically "dead" songs, so I expect this will be a minor problem.

I'm sorry about not giving you enought support.

Regards,
Jorge

fukenA

The files are ONLY removed from my playlist. My recycle bin stays empty! The files are not removed from disk.

fukenA

I decided to play around with the source files. I'm not familiar with c# but I do webdevelopment so coding is not entirely alien to me  :)

After disabling all the error "suppressing" that hides the warnings and basically does a silent delete, it showed me the same "file is in use" error that "shif + delete" does. So then all of a sudden it seemed fairly obvious that me having crossfade enabled caused this issue.

And indeed, when I disable it, the file is deleted properly! In fact, I only need to disable "crossfade when skipping tracks".

Looking at the MB API, I noticed there is a Get- and SetCrossfadeDelegate, though I'm not sure if that will suffice to alleviate this issue. For now I'll just keep crossfade off, but I'd be more than happy to look into it more if anyone has any tips.

jorgejiro

Ohhh, this is a definitive clue!

I think that the file is not deleted because crossfade makes that the file to delete is in use when the plugin tries to delete it.

I have test it, and the plugin doesn't work only if you have checked the "crossfade when skipping tracks" option:
http://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/94d88a59-f0d9-4810-ba1d-77acca6a7a40/ae0cd5574cb517c649a1bf3983f3a082

So I think there is no easy solution to solve this, and the best choice is to "uncheck" this option...

Regards,
Jorge

muisicer99

Perhaps someone can get this Winamp plugin to work with MB? I can't successfully install it, but it works great with Winamp.
“Deleter v2.5" [gen_delete.dll] (link below)
This plugin, when used with winamp, will put an icon in the system tray, where one click will send the current song to the recycle bin, and immediately start to play the next song in the playlist. I know I can do that with shift-delete, but the plugin makes file deletion much easier from google remote desktop with no easy keyboard access. Is there another way to install this plugin and make it work? I've tried putting it in the MB plugins folder, and also the main MB folder, but it doesn't show up. Since it's not an "input plugin" or a "DSP plugin" neither of the install options on the "player" page will work.
 Is there another way to install this plugin and make it work?
As an alternative, is there a dedicated MusicBee plugin that does the same thing? The point is to have a clickable icon either on the player itself or in the system tray which sends the current track to the recycle bin, and not to have to use a keyboard shortcut.
Any help is much appreciated.
The plugin is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o23q3vfqwi0dp7/gen_delete.dll?dl=0