Author Topic: Send to recycle bin the current song and play next song Plugin  (Read 26831 times)

jorgejiro

Hi all,

This is a little plugin to send to the "recycle bin" the current song, and play next song in the current playlist.

You can download it in the following link (v.1.1.2):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63438/mb_SendToRecycleBin_Plugin.zip

After installing, you can assign a hotkey to this plugin, using MusicBee standard preferences. :)

Enjoy, and let me know if there is any kind of issue.

Jorge

Update v.1.12: 24/03/2013:
- I've just updated the plugin to remove deleted song from the playlist, as you mentioned. Regards!
- Plugin download at: http://ge.tt/api/1/files/6TjBR0c/0/blob?download
- You can download the source code at: https://bitbucket.org/jorgejiro/musicbee-sendtorecyclebinplugin
Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:11:27 PM by jorgejiro

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Brilliant!  Working perfectly.

Thanks, you've just solved a problem I've been wrestling with since installing MusicBee.

Added: FYI - the track is deleted, but not removed from the Now Playing list.  Might be a problem if the track is in a playlist.
Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 07:14:26 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've definitely confirmed now that this doesn't remove tracks from playlists.  So you can end up with a bunch of (!) items if you don't manually delete them.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jorgejiro

Thank you scampbll for your feedback  :)

I've just updated the plugin and now it removes the deleted tracks from playlists.

Regards,
Jorge

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Awesome, thanks!

Update: I downloaded it again, but it still seems to be the old version?  Last modified date is 2/23.
Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:14:08 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

StackDat

???  The link to download the plugin appears to be a dead link...at least for me...any other place to download the plugin?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Link is working okay for me, at the moment.  It's still the 2/23 version, though.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

StackDat

Wierd...I've disabled my firewall but did not help..but when running a virtual Windows 7 via VMWare on the same machine it will connect and download.  I tried different browsers on the host but still getting blocked....oh well...got the plugin...thanks for helping me out!

fukenA

I still seem to be getting the old version too. At least, when checking the dll properties it says 1.0.0.0.

But more importantly, I just can't get it to work. I can enable it (after unblocking it in explorer), but I cannot find the hotkey under settings?

jorgejiro

Hi All,

I'm really sorry about your problems to download this new version, and thank you all about your feedback.

I've uploaded the last version to my Dropbox, so please try to download at the link above:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63438/mb_SendToRecycleBin_Plugin.zip

At this screenshot, you can see the keyboard shortcut at MusicBee:
http://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/b43d9145-744a-4cd1-bd94-bb70f9dd89a6/fc7b4e44b18fe60b0891b5d0646ffd39

Let me know if you have any kind of additional problems.

Regards,
Jorge

Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:24:04 PM by jorgejiro

fukenA

Ok. Turns out the version shown under the properties of the dll does not change. However, in MusicBee it is now listed as 1.1.2.

I'm now also able to add the hotkey, and while the file is removed from the playlist, it is not sent to my recycle bin.

Anything I can do to debug this futher?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem as before: the file is sent to the Recycle Bin, but is not removed from the inbox or auto playlists.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jorgejiro

Hi all,

I'm sorry about not giving answer to your posts this week, it has been a busy week :-S

I've test the plugin in WinXP an Win7 and it's works as expected, so I've no clue about what's happening, so if you can tell me about your OS and config maybe I'll have a clue about what's happening...  ;)

In addition, I've built a "debug" release of the plugin that do the current behaviour:

- If the plugin is not able to remove the current file (give an exception), it writes the exception in a log at:

"C:\SendToRecycleBinPlugin.log"

So if you can run this plugin version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63438/mb_SendToRecycleBin.zip

and post the log that it's created, I will thank you very much.

Thank you very much for your patience :)

Regards,
Jorge

fukenA

Thanks Jorge, tried out the debug version without any luck. The log file is not created  :-\

But maybe that's a symptom of a certain problem related to the original issue?  ;)

I've tried running MB in administrator mode, but that didn't help either. I've noticed you can set permissions when you view the properties of the DLL file, perhaps that has something to do with it?

Anyways, thanks for your help!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi all,

I'm sorry about not giving answer to your posts this week, it has been a busy week :-S

I've test the plugin in WinXP an Win7 and it's works as expected, so I've no clue about what's happening, so if you can tell me about your OS and config maybe I'll have a clue about what's happening...  ;)

In addition, I've built a "debug" release of the plugin that do the current behaviour:

- If the plugin is not able to remove the current file (give an exception), it writes the exception in a log at:

"C:\SendToRecycleBinPlugin.log"

So if you can run this plugin version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63438/mb_SendToRecycleBin.zip

and post the log that it's created, I will thank you very much.

Thank you very much for your patience :)

Regards,
Jorge

Thanks for your persistence!  I'm running Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  I'll give the debug version a try.

Update: I, too, couldn't find a log file after testing.  I'm installing the plugin with 7-zip, which is the same thing I use to install MB updates because it sets file permissions correctly from the get-go.
Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:23:27 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)