Author Topic: Auto-playlist not randomised  (Read 4088 times)

GJD

I just downloaded the program. I really like it so far. I would point at one thing that really should be improved though.

When I make an auto playlist to play 100 random songs, the program comes up with a list of the first 100 songs (sorted by artist and descending). I would like to have it really 100 songs randomised, so not in any particular order. Could you make this so in a next version? Thanks a lot in advance!

Steven

• Administrator
if you get the latest 1.2 beta from the downloads topic, the auto-playlist config screen has a sort-order field - just set that to blank ie. not sorted

GJD

Thanks I guess that should work. I will try it!

GJD

Sorry I dont get it. How can you leave sort-order field blank/not sorted? I seems like you have to make a choice and this does not work as a result. I really like to have a random playlist on my mp3 player. THank you again for your kind help!

jlarrym

On the auto-playlist screen, in the "sort by" box should be the default "artist". In that field scroll up to the top choice. It should be blank. Select that and it should work.

GJD

Default is artist indeed. Bu the sort order box does not have a blank field in my case. At the top you have .ext, album, album artist, etc.. But no blank field unfortunately.

jlarrym

Are you indeed using the latest 1.2 Beta? If not download it from the forums - downloads - 1.2 beta. Unzip and overwrite the files in the MusicBee application folder. If you are using the latest beta then maybe someone else can offer some help.

Kerensky97

I have the same issue, top of the list is ".Ext".
When selected the Ascending/Descending option goes blank so I think it's supposed to be randomized but it's not working.

I re-downloaded the latest (1.2.3705) beta just incase.

Probably doesn't matter but it's Windows 7 64 bit
Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:47:28 PM by Kerensky97

Steven

• Administrator
its in the 1.2 beta from the downloads topic on this forum which is updated weekly and more recent than the main downloads web page