Author Topic: Proposal: Extend 'Genre' hierarchy with 'Subgenre'  (Read 31747 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Could it be possible to interact with the main window and maybe even tag editor while editing the tag hierarchy? Would make transferring values much easier.

Another small convenience thing: if you add a new line from the end of the previous line, MusicBee auto-tabs so they stay in line. Could it do the same if you have your cursor at the beginning of the line (but after the tabs)? Currently, that moves the text to the very beginning of the next line. If that's not clear I can capture a gif.
Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:07:54 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.4)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Could it be possible to interact with the main window and maybe even tag editor while editing the tag hierarchy? Would make transferring values much easier.

Another small convenience thing: if you add a new line from the end of the previous line, MusicBee auto-tabs so they stay in line. Could it do the same if you have your cursor at the beginning of the line (but after the tabs)? Currently, that moves the text to the very beginning of the next line. If that's not clear I can capture a gif.
sure,
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks! Finally got a chance to play with this again, and that helps a lot.

And because I seem to try all the weird things, I've found there's some odd behavior if you do a Local Node Only search with the hierarchy active. It does not filter to the search results, with either a search box or a custom search. Clicking on the hierarchy explorer shows tracks that aren't in the search results again.

Doing a search of the entire library behaves as expected and filters to what's shown in the search results. (I actually didn't mean to do a Local Node search, but it was set to that by accident. *shrug*)
Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 04:53:53 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.4)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
the tag hierarchy panel is now responsive to text searches and filtering by other panels such as the thumbnail browser

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip