Author Topic: Proposal: Extend 'Genre' hierarchy with 'Subgenre'  (Read 31520 times)

zkhcohen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
I still can't reproduce the issue. Could you try this version to see if it works
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing the issue.

I'll try reconfiguring a fresh installation of MusicBee later today, hopefully.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31350
Does it only happen when you click between playlists quickly ie. while the old one is still loading?
And when it happens, if you minimise MB and restore do the numbers look correct?

zkhcohen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
Does it only happen when you click between playlists quickly ie. while the old one is still loading?
And when it happens, if you minimise MB and restore do the numbers look correct?

1. Nope -- happens regardless of the speed of / delay between clicks.
2. Minimizing and maximizing has no effect. The numbers remain the same as before MB was minimized, regardless of whether they're in a glitched state or not.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31350

zkhcohen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
in that case are you happy to run a debug version?

Gladly! Send it on over and I'll try it in the morning.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31350
in that case are you happy to run a debug version?
Gladly! Send it on over and I'll try it in the morning.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o4vxkhxg1bfll9l/MusicBeeDebTagHierarchy.zip/file

it will log a lot of info to the error log so could you just use it on the Classical Piano playlist ie. click twice on it so you see 2 sets of numbers
Send me the new info at the end of the log. You will probably need to zip it

I suggest you replace it straight away with the normal version so the error log doesnt fill up
Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 09:00:32 AM by Steven

zkhcohen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
it will log a lot of info to the error log so could you just use it on the Classical Piano playlist ie. click twice on it so you see 2 sets of numbers
Send me the new info at the end of the log. You will probably need to zip it

I suggest you replace it straight away with the normal version so the error log doesnt fill up

I can't replicate the issue with this version. I have tried switching back and forth between 3.4.7567 and 3.4.7566.33864 to confirm, and the issue returns immediately when reverting to the older version.

Was something else changed in this version besides debugging?

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31350
I did make one really minor change but in likelihood this is a timing issue that is affected by the debug code.
Could you try this version
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip




Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31350
do you have any files that are split by cuesheet in your library?

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9861
It's fixed it for me, too. No cue sheets here.

It hasn't fixed the part where Natalie Merchant has a count of 91 for 41 tracks.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.4)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31350
I finally figured out the root cause of the issue and now should be fixed appropriately. This version also has handling for duplicate artist counts
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9861
Looks good, thanks again!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.4)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)