Author Topic: Integration with Spotify  (Read 48966 times)

tincanman2010

Same idea as with last.FM. If I don't have a song, I'd like the option of playing it from spotify.

zambucco

Agreed.

'Find in Spotify' would be fantastic

Steven

• Administrator
you need to have purchased the full premium service which allows tracks to be cached locally on your machine.
There is a library they make available to access the local files, but for me to implement i would also need to purchase the full premium service so i'm a bit put off by that.

retrofan01

I would also love to see Spotify and my local music (70%+ FLAC) accessible from the same client but it's understandable if Steven doesn't want to fork out for their premium service...

tincanman2010

Andy L, I believe Spotify now allows you to 'attach' your library to your Spotify account. That would allow you to use the Spotify player to achieve what you want.

I personally am not interested in telling Spotify or anyone else what music I have, but perhaps I'm just paranoid.  So adding Spotify access to my collection, yes. Adding mine to theirs, no.

hoheyt

Grooveshark integration would be cool too.

Steven

• Administrator
grooveshark doesnt as yet provide an API (there is a way to access the servers but it violates their rules to do that)

sporkubus

I know this is an old thread, but this would be really awesome to have. Right now 50% of my listening is done through Spotify and 50% through MusicBee. It would be nice to integrate the two somehow.

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
If you want to use Spotify then just use Spotify imo
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Ricky

This is your recommendation, really? If you are using Spotify don't use MusicBee?
Using both but if there is no way to integrate favorites and should make a decision for Spotify or MusicBee instead so shall it be.

Ciao MB   

gpzbc

I too would enjoy having access to Spotify within MusicBee.  But I don't like the idea of having access to my music files in Spotify.  I hate their player.

HHM

I don't use Spotify but I do unserstand those who do and would like to integrate BM with it.

Also from the strategical point of view: if streaming of music is the future (and it seems it is), then this integration would be a great forwardthinking step.

+1

phred

• Global Moderator
Also from the strategical point of view: if streaming of music is the future (and it seems it is), then this integration would be a great forwardthinking step.
+1
Except for the fact that as of the time the original post was written in this topic (2010) Steven would have to pay for a full premium subscription in order to incorporate this into MB.  I would be put off by that also.
As someone else said, if you want Spotify, use Spotify.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

gpzbc

We do use Spotify. We're just saying it would be awfully convenient to use it from within MusicBee.

Steven

• Administrator
this has been raised before

Spotify is not something i am interested to do because the way i see it they are getting developers to extend and improve their distribution platform and so increase the desirability and sales for free, and then have the cheek to charge developers for a premium account while that is being done for them.
However there is no reason someone else cant build a musicbee plugin to support spotify - its just not likely to be me that does it.